Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I hate asking my husband for money...

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 166 Replies
1 mom liked this
Bash away! No I'm not a troll I wish I were but this story is my life. When dh and I got married we both agreed I would be a sahm until our child became school age. He really wanted it and I really wanted it. I always had my own money I even saved 20,000 dollars before I left my job. I used my savings to help with food and bills. I no longer have any money and DH just gives me cash when I need it. He never gives me an issue but I feel like a child having to ask him for 5 dollars to get some damn coffee. He has no sex drive that's a whole other issue. When ever I start crying because we haven't had sex in months he just shuts down. Then the next thing I know we have a brand new bedroom set or tv or something. I recently wanted to take up golf but I didn't want to have to ask for him to pay for it. Guess what I just told him today I had a man hit on me and he said oh like he didn't care so I hung up. Now guess where we are going ....to the golf store. I. HATE. THIS!!!!!!
Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 6, 2014 at 3:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 6, 2014 at 3:51 PM
Bump
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 6, 2014 at 3:51 PM
Bump
Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on Jun. 6, 2014 at 3:52 PM
14 moms liked this
You need a debit card on the account.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 6, 2014 at 3:52 PM
:(. My Dh makes it seem like I can stretch $1 to $100. So asking him for any money, even necessities, is a chore. He's not quite like your Dh..but he's a douche with money too. I hope everything gets better soon. Good luck
lwalker270
by Ruby Member on Jun. 6, 2014 at 3:52 PM
13 moms liked this

As a fellow SAHM, I would tell him that you expect to have access to all the finances or you will be returning to the workforce.  

There's no reason you should have to request money from him.  

Hanab818
by Ruby Member on Jun. 6, 2014 at 3:53 PM
2 moms liked this
Sound like hes over compensating and he need to see his dr.

You also need your own card.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jun. 6, 2014 at 3:53 PM
Why would you tell him that?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 6, 2014 at 3:53 PM
Thanks hun! I thought I would surely get a bashing for this.

Quoting Anonymous: :(. My Dh makes it seem like I can stretch $1 to $100. So asking him for any money, even necessities, is a chore. He's not quite like your Dh..but he's a douche with money too. I hope everything gets better soon. Good luck
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jun. 6, 2014 at 3:53 PM
1 mom liked this
Why don't you have a debit card for the bank account?
WillsMOM72
by Silver Member on Jun. 6, 2014 at 3:54 PM
This. I insisted on having my own card on his account for little things I might need when i became a sahm. Just tell him to add you.

Quoting Danesmommy1: You need a debit card on the account.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)