Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

animal abuse?? or am I overreacting?? **pics**

Posted by on Jun. 6, 2014 at 11:17 PM
  • 34 Replies

Mobile Photo

Mobile Photo

Mobile Photo

So my neighbors ' show basenjis'. I also have a hunch that they are backyard breeders. They have a total of 14 dogs, county limit is ten. There's one that can barely walk his back legs don't really bend at all. Most of the females have more bald patches then fur. The dogs fight nightly, to the point that some fights are loud and long enough that bit wakes my kids from a dead sleep! They have fight wounds, you can see in one of the pics. Some are skinnier than others. There's one with a wound from the top of his neck to his chin (couldn't get a pic fast enough(. There's at least 2 dogs with tumors on their face. I have called animal control before and they said they have had comments before, I called that they were over their dog limit, this was before I got a chance to actually look at their well being. I am starting to take pics and I guess I will go down to the pound and show pics and prove the abuse. Can I even do this? Maybe I am just over reacting because the urine smell from their house greatly pisses me off. I dunno here are a couple pics, these are not the worst of the dogs.

by on Jun. 6, 2014 at 11:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
craazycuckoo
by on Jun. 6, 2014 at 11:19 PM

Oh my god...yes, that's abuse.

Find someone who can help these poor dogs.

Do you know if they are a registered kennel?  Do you have a kennel name if they are?

firstimepreg30
by Member on Jun. 6, 2014 at 11:19 PM
Be careful,,,, I would keep reporting them.. Dont ( if u did) trespass anymore though
armyvet06
by Gold Member on Jun. 6, 2014 at 11:20 PM
I would consider that abuse and would also show those pictures to someone.
chunkyhoney78
by Silver Member on Jun. 6, 2014 at 11:20 PM

abuse

FoxFire363
by Ruby Member on Jun. 6, 2014 at 11:20 PM
I would consider that neglect for sure, especially that open wound in the pic. The tumors may be benign, so the vet may have seen them and opted not to remove them, but the other conditions you reported make that unlikely.
Aslen
by Ruby Member on Jun. 6, 2014 at 11:20 PM
Definitely call animal control or the spca. They show their dogs?! That's disgusting. My aunt is in the show circuit... pm me their info and I'll put the word out
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jun. 6, 2014 at 11:20 PM
Don't trespass because than you can get in trouble but absolutely report this it is abuse
KylesWifey
by Gold Member on Jun. 6, 2014 at 11:21 PM
Not trespassing this is what I see through my fence.

Quoting firstimepreg30: Be careful,,,, I would keep reporting them.. Dont ( if u did) trespass anymore though
gingerprincess
by Silver Member on Jun. 6, 2014 at 11:22 PM

Yes, but you got to be careful... if you are on their property taking pictures then you could get in trouble for trespassing.

KylesWifey
by Gold Member on Jun. 6, 2014 at 11:22 PM
The pics were taken from my yard looking through the fence.

Quoting Anonymous: Don't trespass because than you can get in trouble but absolutely report this it is abuse
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)