Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I am resenting my 31 year old daughter.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 39 Replies

My oldest child is not working and she has a 2 year old daughter. The child's father is not working either right now. My daughter lives with me. My daughter has had about 20 jobs throughout her life. I bought the baby a potty. Time for toilet training IMO. And I bought panties. My daughter asks me for money for diapers. Today I gave her money for diapers. She did not ask but she said the baby only had 3 left. Then she ask me for a dollar for something to drink. I told her to make iced tea. I dont have it. I had it but not for that. Drink water. This is just one example.

When she work she did contribute to the household. But she has not worked in months now. She goes out on interveiws but no one has hired her as yet.

I am just a little angry at the fact that I am taking care of a 31 year old woman. That she don't have her act together. I raised four kids. My youngest is 19. I have no babies.

And I dont care for the baby's father. They have been together since teenagers. His family doesnt do anything for my grandchild. They have way more than I do financially. I don't tell her exactly how I feel because I want peace in my household. I am praying that God will bless her with a job real soon. And I really want her and this guy to get together and get married.

I am wondering if anyone else is going through something similar with an adult child.

Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 6, 2014 at 11:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jun. 6, 2014 at 11:21 PM
1 mom liked this
I'm sorry mama that must be hard. Maybe you need to give her a deadline to have a job by
4girlsmum
by Silver Member on Jun. 6, 2014 at 11:22 PM

Why would she choose a loser who doesnt provide for his family?  Does she have a father in her life?

ZOMBEHH
by Bronze Member on Jun. 6, 2014 at 11:34 PM

Not really. I am 25 and with 3 year old and future daughter in law who's 13 but my sister is 22 and my mom does more for her then me and her grand child. I even gave my mom my car when her blazer died.

My mom actually called me to ask my fiance if my fiance's landlord/boss had any places to rent since my sister is getting evicted because of the misfits she has at her place that is paid for mostly by section 8.

I want you to look at my sister and see why I told my mother NO he doesn't.

This the picture she posts online...

nikkidedman
by Bronze Member on Jun. 6, 2014 at 11:38 PM
1 mom liked this
Good god, what does that say above her eyebrow?

Quoting ZOMBEHH:

Not really. I am 25 and with 3 year old and future daughter in law who's 13 but my sister is 22 and my mom does more for her then me and her grand child. I even gave my mom my car when her blazer died.

My mom actually called me to ask my fiance if my fiance's landlord/boss had any places to rent since my sister is getting evicted because of the misfits she has at her place that is paid for mostly by section 8.

gingerprincess
by Silver Member on Jun. 6, 2014 at 11:39 PM

At least she is looking for a job, but honestly if you don't want to give her money or help her then you need to tell her, it isn't doing any good to bitch about it on the internet but then not say a word to her.

CABZS
by Emerald Member on Jun. 6, 2014 at 11:39 PM

If you don't like the father why do you want them to get married?  

Tell her to get a crap job until something else comes along.  Heck I love waitressing & it is decent money.

CadesMum
by Gold Member on Jun. 6, 2014 at 11:39 PM
I'm sorry :(
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jun. 6, 2014 at 11:42 PM

there has to be a reason that she is going on interviews and no one is hiring her. I would look and see where the problem is. I am sorry, I hope it works out. 

ZOMBEHH
by Bronze Member on Jun. 6, 2014 at 11:43 PM

Bitch I'm Tatted

Quoting nikkidedman: Good god, what does that say above her eyebrow?
Quoting ZOMBEHH:

csxt99
by Jennifer on Jun. 6, 2014 at 11:44 PM

I don't see much in the way of steady employment or earning enough to get off the government tit in this girl's future. What the hell was she thinking with the stupid face and neck tattoos?

Quoting nikkidedman: Good god, what does that say above her eyebrow?
Quoting ZOMBEHH:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)