Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Dh referred to him and his ex as us

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 97 Replies
1 mom liked this
Dh and I have been married 16 years. They have two together and we have two together. His oldest is having issues with her Mom's family. My dh and I were discussing it and he was telling me about a family story about something that happened years ago when they were together. He said and us too during the story. I told him there is no us meaning him and her.He said well we were married and there was an us. Am I making a big deal out of this? It is a touchy subject for me.
Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 6, 2014 at 11:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MeeshMom
by Silver Member on Jun. 6, 2014 at 11:36 PM
8 moms liked this
Yeah you're making a big deal. He's clearly referring to the past. Don't trip. I doubt you need to worry.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 6, 2014 at 11:36 PM
I see where your do is coming from. He is married to you now, so why so insecure?
smushy79
by Gold Member on Jun. 6, 2014 at 11:37 PM
1 mom liked this
I don't think its a huge deal but obviously it bothers you and honestly if I were having the same conversation it would more than likely bother me too. You express to him how you felt he expressed that it seems to be a non-issue. I guess all you can really do at this point is just tell him you prefer not to hear about them being referred to as in us and move on.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jun. 6, 2014 at 11:38 PM
5 moms liked this

Um, yeah you are overreacting. She will always be something to him. They have a history and she is the mother of two of his kids. That doesn't get erased just because he remarried.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 6, 2014 at 11:38 PM
Because they still push each other buttons and were sleeping together after the divorce and his memories from over 20 years ago are crystal clear and so detailed.

Quoting Anonymous: I see where your do is coming from. He is married to you now, so why so insecure?
.Bad.Wolf.
by Morsmordre on Jun. 6, 2014 at 11:39 PM
My parents have been divorced for almost 25 years...after only 5 years of marriage. They barely get along and they have "us" stories.

Obviously he loves you and not her or he'd still be married to her.
csxt99
by Jennifer on Jun. 6, 2014 at 11:39 PM
2 moms liked this

You're still this insecure after 16 years of marriage??? Must be awesome for your husband to live with this daily.

mom2threebbz
by Silver Member on Jun. 6, 2014 at 11:39 PM

Yes youre making an issue out of nothing. They used to be an "us" and clearly they arent anymore. You need to let it go.

mommymom1284
by Bronze Member on Jun. 6, 2014 at 11:39 PM

Yes you are making a big deal. If he were talking about his brother and said "us "you probably wouldn't even have noticed

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 6, 2014 at 11:39 PM
True. That's good advice.

Quoting smushy79: I don't think its a huge deal but obviously it bothers you and honestly if I were having the same conversation it would more than likely bother me too. You express to him how you felt he expressed that it seems to be a non-issue. I guess all you can really do at this point is just tell him you prefer not to hear about them being referred to as in us and move on.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN