Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

sad. heartbroken. in shock

Posted by on Jun. 7, 2014 at 12:06 AM
  • 15 Replies
I have been with my fiance for 4 years.. have grown to love his family.. although he hasn't been really close to his family in the last 15 years, they welcomed me and my son in with open arms.

My fiance called me from work tonight to tell me that his mother was diagnosed with lung and brain cancer. I'm an RN.. I know what this means. Brain and lung cancer combined are vicious. His mother has never smoked in her life (I know its not the only thing that causes lung cancer, obviously.).. she eats healthy and works out daily. This is a huge shock. I'm sad for my df.. he's in shock. I feel bad for his dad.. they have been married for 40+years. They live in Utah and we live in Pennsylvania. We both work full time...so going to see her is going to be difficult. we are waiting to find out the prognosis tomorrow. :( prayers please
by on Jun. 7, 2014 at 12:06 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jun. 7, 2014 at 12:12 AM
Prayers sent up!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 7, 2014 at 12:13 AM
I'm sorry, how tragic :(
mommyhonu
by Bronze Member on Jun. 7, 2014 at 12:14 AM
Warmest thoughts of aloha sent your way.
sm1bm3
by Bronze Member on Jun. 7, 2014 at 12:14 AM
Hugs
vegaswife2011
by LMAO on Jun. 7, 2014 at 12:15 AM

Hugs and prayers mama. I'm so sorry. 

flibbertygibbet
by Silver Member on Jun. 7, 2014 at 12:16 AM
Prayers going up for you and her
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jun. 7, 2014 at 12:17 AM
Prayers
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jun. 7, 2014 at 12:21 AM
I'm so sorry. My uncle got colon cancer and he ate healthy, exercised and never drank alcohol or smoked. We were so shocked and baffled. The cancer spread quickly to his lungs and liver. When he was first diagnosed, the doctor gave him 3 months to live. He lived about 5 months. We couldn't believe it because he was such a fit, healthy man. He was married to my aunt for 40 years and she had to take medication to deal with her severe anxiety and depression after he passed away. She hasn't been the same since :( cancer is just fucking evil.
sweettea1985
by Silver Member on Jun. 7, 2014 at 12:43 AM
Thank you everyone. .. I wish I could sleep... or at least just wake up and this all be a bad dream
Michelle479
by Mother Rabbit on Jun. 7, 2014 at 12:54 AM
Praying..
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN