Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

hurt by atheist friend.

Posted by on Jun. 8, 2014 at 3:03 PM
  • 298 Replies
2 moms liked this
Im not religious first. I do believe in god just not organized religion. My friend goes on facebook saying how idiotic people are for believing in a fairy in the sky

How she hates hearing the hippy dippy bullshit.

It upset me. I NEVER look down on her...or even speak about my beliefs with her. She then went on to say she basically has zero respect intellectually for people like that.
seriously wtf. I think the bible is fiction....However if you believe it...and it makes you a better person and happy. Then good for you. I would never be so offensive and tactless. Ugh
sorry just needed to vent
by on Jun. 8, 2014 at 3:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
svolkov
by Emerald Member on Jun. 8, 2014 at 3:03 PM
Bump.
svolkov
by Emerald Member on Jun. 8, 2014 at 3:04 PM
1 mom liked this
So yeah. Guess we arent friends anymore
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jun. 8, 2014 at 3:06 PM
29 moms liked this

Just as there are Christians who give us all a bad name (Westboro Baptist Church comes to mind), there are Atheists who are so fanatical they give all Atheists a bad name. Most Atheists I've met pretty much have a "live and let live" attitude, and if I want to believe in God, they don't care, long as I don't push it on them. Sorry your friend is acting that way. She's not doing her cause any good.

N_maricle
by Platinum Member on Jun. 8, 2014 at 3:06 PM
8 moms liked this
I know atheists like that... They think anyone who believes differently are just idiots and have no trouble belittling them. Yet if a religious person does the same thing they are so offended. I think people just need to believe what they want to, and leave other people alone about it.
jessablessa
by on Jun. 8, 2014 at 3:06 PM
9 moms liked this
I'm sorry. I promise we are not all like that. I as an atheist would never to that. I would never say things like that to friends who believe. We have an understanding not to talk about it.
LClark1973
by Bronze Member on Jun. 8, 2014 at 3:07 PM
2 moms liked this

I think believe that any one of us can believe whatever we want. It is very personal for most people. Tact, and a filter goes a long way.

briellesmomma
by Velvet on Jun. 8, 2014 at 3:07 PM
This exactly

Quoting Anonymous:

Just as there are Christians who give us all a bad name (Westboro Baptist Church comes to mind), there are Atheists who are so fanatical they give all Atheists a bad name. Most Atheists I've met pretty much have a "live and let live" attitude, and if I want to believe in God, they don't care, long as I don't push it on them. Sorry your friend is acting that way. She's not doing her cause any good.

rfhsure
by beast mode on Jun. 8, 2014 at 3:07 PM
1 mom liked this
She has her right to express her opinion, and to feel that way. But you are within your right to choose if that is something you can deal with in your relationship with her or offense you. Are you two very close outside of Facebook? Can you express to her that her comment offended you?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 8, 2014 at 3:09 PM
10 moms liked this
I find that often Atheists push their beliefs more than Christians, and can be quite cruel about it as well.
svolkov
by Emerald Member on Jun. 8, 2014 at 3:09 PM
I totally know. I have no problem with atheists. Her and I have been thru alot.so it just really hurts

Quoting jessablessa: I'm sorry. I promise we are not all like that. I as an atheist would never to that. I would never say things like that to friends who believe. We have an understanding not to talk about it.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN