Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Baby Shower! *WARNING!! PICS OF DECORATIONS! :)

Posted by on Jun. 8, 2014 at 3:10 PM
  • 398 Replies
37 moms liked this

*This post contains lots of pics of party decor and some pinterest inspired crafts! Feel free to click the back button if you don't want to see them! You've been warned! :p

I've been friends with my friend Bryce for almost 10 years. He's one of the first people I met when I moved here. He met his wife and I met my DH around the same time which was almost a year after Bryce and I became friends. We've all been very close ever since. Almost 3 years ago, they started TTC. She has PCOS and other issues but finally, they got their BFP! She's now due in 1 month and I was SO excited to put together a little baby shower for them. DH and I had so much fun setting it up and I had so much fun crafting decorations, even though I ended up with wood glue in my hair..lol! Just wanted to come share how it all turned out.

She had no idea what was going on. We all get together 1-2 times minimum every weekend so nothing seemed suspicious. She knew when she walked in and saw the picture.

The livingroom

The kitchen

Cookies!

Cake!

Mmmmm..food! ("Hunny" Garlic Pullled Pork, Stuffed Meatballs, Cornbread and Pasta Salad) The meatballs are tiny versions of my friends favorite thing I make, stuffed meatload. Everything we made were her favorite foods.

Take homes! Organic honey shipped from Alberta. Filling the jars was tedious. lol

Everyone wrote their well wishes and advice. We also made our guesses about the gender since they chose not to find out.

We played a few games.. My 7 year old won the ribbon around the belly game.. Her ends of the ribbon literally matched up exactly! Everyone was so amazed. lol!

We played a game where you had to put a diaper on a doll (blindfolded) the fastest.. My DH diapered the dolls arm in too..LOL. We were all laughing so hard. Surprisingly, the Mum-to-be won this game by like 10 seconds!

Cutting cake!

Preseeeents!

Bryce was crying through the whole gift opening. He was overwhelmed I think. These guys have been Auntie and Uncle to my kids since day 1 and have been amazing friends. We're lucky to have them in our lives and I'm soooo excited to meet my first niece or nephew. :)

by on Jun. 8, 2014 at 3:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
TheFairest
by Zombie on Jun. 8, 2014 at 3:12 PM
1 mom liked this
Very nice
amy1will
by Amethyst on Jun. 8, 2014 at 3:13 PM
4 moms liked this
Aww what a beautiful shower. Congrats to them. You did a amazing job.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jun. 8, 2014 at 3:14 PM
1 mom liked this
How lovely
threat
by Bronze Member on Jun. 8, 2014 at 3:15 PM
that's cute!! is this your house? it's so pretty!! next party I have can I hire you? lol
Roxanne92
by Silver Member on Jun. 8, 2014 at 3:15 PM
Cute good job btw
rfhsure
by beast mode on Jun. 8, 2014 at 3:16 PM
1 mom liked this
It looks wonderdul! Awesome job!
beans13
by Silver Member on Jun. 8, 2014 at 3:16 PM
Looks like a beautiful day. Love the decor! I am glad your friends were so happy.
abrittani
by on Jun. 8, 2014 at 3:16 PM
1 mom liked this

Totally cute and verrrry detailed!!! Awesome!!!

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jun. 8, 2014 at 3:16 PM

I love your living room wall!

cateringtomel
by Anna_Elijah on Jun. 8, 2014 at 3:17 PM
1 mom liked this
Super cute!! Good job
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)