Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

2 jobs question

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 26 Replies
For all you single moms out there, do you work more than 1 job? I am pretty sure that my marriage is over. I would get custody of my son and I do not think that with my current job (which is really good) I would be able to comfortably pay the bills. So, how difficult is it to work two jobs and have primary custody of your child(ren)?
Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 8, 2014 at 5:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
caligirl7613
by Platinum Member on Jun. 8, 2014 at 5:50 PM
Extremely but plenty do it. You probably wont see your kid much though. Been there done that. Its not fun
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 8, 2014 at 5:55 PM
I really do not want to but I do not know how I would be able to make ends meet without another job. I mean, I make 15/hr and it isnt enough. Not with a 6 almost 7 year old. Not in the area where we live. The industry in this area is exploding and everything is getting so expensive. I would work every other weekend as a CNA again probably. I just do not know what to do.

Quoting caligirl7613: Extremely but plenty do it. You probably wont see your kid much though. Been there done that. Its not fun
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 8, 2014 at 6:06 PM
Bump
happymommy1105
by Gold Member on Jun. 8, 2014 at 6:07 PM
I always babysat from home as a second income
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 8, 2014 at 6:09 PM
I have a full time job during the week so I do not know if that will work.

Quoting happymommy1105: I always babysat from home as a second income
Andrewsmom70
by Silver Member on Jun. 8, 2014 at 6:10 PM

I only have one job. My sister, my son, and I live together. It's easier that way. If I were to try to get another job, I don't feel it would be worth it. Most of it would be eaten up with taxes and it wouldn't be anything more than minimum wage so it wouldn't really bring in any more money. Just less time with my son and less rest.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 8, 2014 at 6:12 PM

Very difficult.  I was a single mom of 2, never got a dime of child support. I was exhausted by the time they graduated high school.

bothsidesofcoin
by on Jun. 8, 2014 at 6:12 PM
I've done two jobs while in college. It stinks. I was a single parent with 2 kids and not receiving CS yet. Honestly $15/hr is not a live able wage if you have any expenses other than rent and utilities. And has and groceries. It's pretty hard to cover car insurance, vehicle payment, cell phones, credit cards, internet, tv, kids clothing and bday gifts. And that doesn't factor in the extras like treating your kid to a movie or something fun.
happymommy1105
by Gold Member on Jun. 8, 2014 at 6:13 PM
I worked a full time job too.

I babysat over night and on the weekends.

I wanted to spend as much time as I could with my son.

Quoting Anonymous: I have a full time job during the week so I do not know if that will work.

Quoting happymommy1105: I always babysat from home as a second income
donnag013
by Gold Member on Jun. 8, 2014 at 6:13 PM

Maybe work every other weekend or when your ds is with his father

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN