Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

There is no such thing as "kid friendly" menus

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 58 Replies
1 mom liked this

Typically, eating habits are a learned habit. Sure, sometimes they aren't but I can honestly say that most of the times they are.

A perfect example is my cousin, he is picky. Why? Because when he was younger his mom only fed him easy stuff like hot dogs, pickles, apples, other easy to give fruits and fast food. My uncle would try to introduce new foods but he wouldn't try them. He is getting better, but it's been difficult.

Another example is my oldest daughter. She LOVED butternut squash and would gobble it up whenever I would make it for dinner, that was until one night we were at dinner with my grandparents and my cousin was there. My nana made butternut squash, my cousin said he didn't like it and just like that, my DD "didn't like it". Thankfully, she got over that quick.

As parents it is YOUR responsibility to teach your children proper eating habits. If YOU eat like shit, chances are so will your kids!

Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 8, 2014 at 6:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Dannygirl25
by Silver Member on Jun. 8, 2014 at 6:03 PM
Exactly
SamiJ18
by Platinum Member on Jun. 8, 2014 at 6:04 PM
I do agree with you.
JackAttacks
by Angel on Jun. 8, 2014 at 6:05 PM
I agree ds eats everything from carrots to kale to squash to asparagus.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 8, 2014 at 6:05 PM
6 moms liked this
Ok. You want an organic, cane-sugar sweetened, no GMO, lactose/gluten free cookie?
I'll be over here enjoying my Oreos with my kid who likes Mac and cheese.
erin708
by Gold Member on Jun. 8, 2014 at 6:06 PM
I agree. Im very picky bx my parents never made me try new things. My older dd eats just about everything. My younger dd is very picky but i still make her rry what were having.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
pce68
by Patti on Jun. 8, 2014 at 6:06 PM

We are not always the healthiest eaters, but I still served my daughter more than just hotdogs and chicken nuggets. And I have yet to find a restaurant, "kid friendly" or not, where I could not find something for my daughter to eat.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 8, 2014 at 6:07 PM

Uh, that has nothing to do with this post.

Quoting Anonymous: Ok. You want an organic, cane-sugar sweetened, no GMO, lactose/gluten free cookie? I'll be over here enjoying my Oreos with my kid who likes Mac and cheese.

TheDrsRose
by Bad♥Wolf on Jun. 8, 2014 at 6:08 PM
1 mom liked this
Oreos are vegan.. lol

Quoting Anonymous: Ok. You want an organic, cane-sugar sweetened, no GMO, lactose/gluten free cookie?
I'll be over here enjoying my Oreos with my kid who likes Mac and cheese.
OneAllergicMama
by Platinum Member on Jun. 8, 2014 at 6:08 PM

DH tries all sorts of wonky diets and the kids go along.  DS1 is begging to go Forks Over Knives (vegan) again.  My kids love all sorts of veggies, eat a very varied diet and are willing to try anything a few times.  DD is excited on Tuesday because a local restaurant serves chicken livers and loves when her dad shares beef liver with her.  DS2 is my meat man - but is also a great veggie eater.

They will be snobby when they see a kids menu though.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jun. 8, 2014 at 6:08 PM
1 mom liked this
I was watching an 8 year old boy one weekend. I tried to make "kid friendly" food, but we don't do hot dogs and kraft mac and cheese in this house. So I made grilled cheese and tomato soup. I told him he couldn't get up until he ate all of his. The other kids finished theirs and went to play. He thought I might not actually make him sit there, but I did. Finally he forced down his sandwich. He kept watching me to see if I was watching him. When he thought I wasn't looking, he dumped his soup in his lap and tried to pretend he spilled it. I put more soup in his bowl and a towel in his lap and made him sit until he ate it all.

You might be an entitled brat, but you aren't going to get away with it in my house.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN