Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Do you ask premission to check your dhs fb?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 71 Replies
My kid brother just left his s/o. Apparently he caught her checking his fb. When he asked her why ? She said she felt she has the right to. Im sorry but NO YOU DON'T HAVE ANY RIGHT TO DO THAT. When did the right to privacy , go out the door? He can't check hers, she would have a fit . Anyway do you have permission to check your partners fb ?
Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 8, 2014 at 6:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jun. 8, 2014 at 6:27 PM

Yep.

Turtles64
by Bronze Member on Jun. 8, 2014 at 6:27 PM
2 moms liked this

We don't need permission, we know each other's passwords.  My kids have my password. There's nothing there to hide.  If dh needs to hide something, FB is the last place to put it

Mom-to-2kids
by Ruby Member on Jun. 8, 2014 at 6:28 PM
I have no reason why I would even need to spy on him.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jun. 8, 2014 at 6:29 PM
1 mom liked this

This is a hilarious question. 

My husband and I don't have facebook, we haven't had accounts for nearly five years. We actually think adults having facebook and using it regularly are immature. It's a useless method of "staying in touch" and you can do the same thing through phone calls and emails.

We have a family email account that we use for paying bills, staying in touch with families, setting up accounts, etc... We also both have our own personal and professional emails and we don't have a problem with the other "checking" our emails, we don't have anything to hide and if they wish to look they are free to. 

There are far more important issues in an adults life than whether or not it's "okay" to check their facebook. Time to grow up kids. 

milfanyway
by Bronze Member on Jun. 8, 2014 at 6:30 PM
Umm, I have every right to check my husbands Facebook occasionally. He also has complete access to mine. It's called accountability...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
curvygurl1912
by Renee on Jun. 8, 2014 at 6:31 PM
2 moms liked this
Ha ha ha ha ha. Are they 17? Who the hell fights over checking facebook? If fb is causing problems in your relationship, maybe you should not be in a relationship until you are mature enough to do so without fussing about social media.
Tuned.Out
by Silver Member on Jun. 8, 2014 at 6:31 PM

LOL...facebook drama. Go figure.

Neither of us use facebook.

JulyBabies
by Gold Member on Jun. 8, 2014 at 6:32 PM

I don't ask because I have no desire to "check up" on him nor would I permit him access to mine. I have nothing to hide but I am entitled to have privacy. 

Vesta20
by Bronze Member on Jun. 8, 2014 at 6:32 PM
We have complete access to each others fb.
bmw29
by spitfire_bobbie on Jun. 8, 2014 at 6:32 PM
This. We don't keep secrets in our marriage. We have no need to.

Quoting Turtles64:

We don't need permission, we know each other's passwords.  My kids have my password. There's nothing there to hide.  If dh needs to hide something, FB is the last place to put it

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)