Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Have you ever paid for a personal trainer? Was it from Curves?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 13 Replies

I've got some questions :-)
Did you ever pay for a personal trainer?

Was it from curves? if so- how much was it per month?

If not- still where was it from and for how much (monthly/yearly)

were you out of shape when you joined (( Rather you were overweight or thin or not-were you out of shape? you can be rail thin and out of shape and be heavy set and in shap-i have seen both many times ))  

did you work out where other people could see you - or was it just one on one with you and the trainer ?  

Did you get a choice if it was a male or female trainer?

Was it worth it?  

how fast did you reach your goal? How far were you from your goal when you started?

Do you have before & after pictures you'd be willing to share?

Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 9, 2014 at 12:49 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Not_A_Native
by Ruby Member on Jun. 9, 2014 at 1:15 AM

I did, not from Curves.  It was $40 an hour, I saw him once a week.  I wasn't "out of shape" or overweight, but I had hit a stretch where my workouts weren't "effective."  Yes, it was done in the normal gym (very large, where I go, largest facility in the US).  I could have chosen a man or woman, but the time was more important to me (ended up with a guy, about 20 years younger than me).

It was worth it, I learned many new things.  Sorry , no pictures, I don't post any on here.

Mom-to-2kids
by Ruby Member on Jun. 9, 2014 at 1:16 AM
I'm married to my personal trainer 😉
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 9, 2014 at 1:19 AM

I'm a personal trainer.  Many of my clients see results, but remember you have to put in the work at home, which includes dieting, if you want to really lose weight and see results.  One hour at the gym a couple times of week won't do much.  Most gyms you workout in front of everyone, but no one is paying attention.  And I wouldn't go to Curves.  I worked there about 10 years ago and the staff was highly untrained and their methods ineffective.  of course that might have just been my area.  

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 9, 2014 at 1:26 AM

I've already lost 96lbs  

I've never had an eating problem and  my weight gain was from health problems, medications,bed rest a few times and back to back pregnancies.  I had some rough years and finally started to have some healthy ones :-)

Now , I have a little under 50lbs left to lose and am in a rut.  I do use my ablounge, exercise trampoline I have at home and my weights and I am already a fairly on the go person & I never drink anything but water & tea and am pretty healthy in general. Just need  to really boost the fitness routine up and get the rest of this weight off and toned up.

My problem is--- my physical pain.  Fibromyalgia, facet disease,sciatica,scoliosis and inflammation in my back. Due to being bipolar -  the dr's all say no benzo's or opiates ,as they increase the frequency and intensity of manic episodes and are just not the best thing for someone who's bipolar .

my lungs are TERRIBLY Damaged from  getting  blood clots in my lungs 3 different times. Each time I got them - they came in multiples & what happens is from the blood clot down dies  & becomes scared tissue.

I LOVE to run though - I just can't for very long periods of time.

Quoting Anonymous:

I'm a personal trainer.  Many of my clients see results, but remember you have to put in the work at home, which includes dieting, if you want to really lose weight and see results.  One hour at the gym a couple times of week won't do much.  Most gyms you workout in front of everyone, but no one is paying attention.  And I wouldn't go to Curves.  I worked there about 10 years ago and the staff was highly untrained and their methods ineffective.  of course that might have just been my area.  

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 9, 2014 at 1:29 AM

Quoting Mom-to-2kids: I'm married to my personal trainer 😉

that's awesome & congrats........ but doesn't really  answer any of my questions & since you clearly have had a  personal trainer.... would you mind ? :-) 

Mom-to-2kids
by Ruby Member on Jun. 9, 2014 at 1:32 AM
LoL sorry. My DH helped me loose over 100lbs over a 2.5 year period. And I pay him with sexual favors 😉 However, he doesn't train as a "job" anymore but has a few people who he still does and charges them 60$ per session.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Mom-to-2kids: I'm married to my personal trainer 😉

that's awesome & congrats........ but doesn't really  answer any of my questions & since you clearly have had a  personal trainer.... would you mind ? :-) 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 9, 2014 at 1:34 AM

Wow, congrats!  Everything you're doing sounds great!  The thing with the medical stuff though, PT aren't doctors and most won't know what you should do about that stuff or how to work around it.  It sounds like you have hit your pleateau though, which means bump up your fitness routine.  If you can't run very far, sprinting is fine.  Its about getting that heart rate up that will boost your metabolism and help you lose calories.

If you need fitness ideas, there are great channels on youtube.  I like PopPilates.  YouTube  here is her channel if you wanna check it out.

Quoting Anonymous:

I've already lost 96lbs  

I've never had an eating problem and  my weight gain was from health problems, medications,bed rest a few times and back to back pregnancies.  I had some rough years and finally started to have some healthy ones :-)

Now , I have a little under 50lbs left to lose and am in a rut.  I do use my ablounge, exercise trampoline I have at home and my weights and I am already a fairly on the go person & I never drink anything but water & tea and am pretty healthy in general. Just need  to really boost the fitness routine up and get the rest of this weight off and toned up.

My problem is--- my physical pain.  Fibromyalgia, facet disease,sciatica,scoliosis and inflammation in my back. Due to being bipolar -  the dr's all say no benzo's or opiates ,as they increase the frequency and intensity of manic episodes and are just not the best thing for someone who's bipolar .

my lungs are TERRIBLY Damaged from  getting  blood clots in my lungs 3 different times. Each time I got them - they came in multiples & what happens is from the blood clot down dies  & becomes scared tissue.

Quoting Anonymous:

OneAllergicMama
by Platinum Member on Jun. 9, 2014 at 1:37 AM

Just started going two months ago.  DH signed up for the personal trainer program with Gold's Gym - have no clue of the cost.  He refused to go and gave me his sessions.  I had a choice of whatever trainer I wanted - I can change it up everytime or choose to see the same person.  I opted for the same person.  Just found out, after she canceled our Tuesday appt due to being ill that she is no longer working for Gold's.  So I start with a new trainer this week.  I go twice weekly - I am noticing changes in my body, some on the scale - in the process of cleaning up my diet to help me along as well as squeezing one more visit in a week.

Avoid Curves like the plague.  It is not worth it.  Unless something has changed in the last few years, they require no personal training degree or program, corporate teaches them.  Bleh.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 9, 2014 at 1:38 AM

I probably don't take  IN enough calories.   My biggest eating problem has always been not eating enough. I don't have much desire to eat, except the week before I start my monthly. I don't think about food until I start to get weak and shaky feeling or dizzy or until it's time to take my meds & I realize I HAVE to eat so I can.

As for the medical issues -- I have everything under controll enough that as long as they aren't so rough with me that it screws with me being on blood thinners - then  I'm fine with a regular personal trainer now.  I just can't have the crud beat out of me or have my head hit hard ,basically lol  Nothing a PT should be doing :-) 

Quoting Anonymous:

Wow, congrats!  Everything you're doing sounds great!  The thing with the medical stuff though, PT aren't doctors and most won't know what you should do about that stuff or how to work around it.  It sounds like you have hit your pleateau though, which means bump up your fitness routine.  If you can't run very far, sprinting is fine.  Its about getting that heart rate up that will boost your metabolism and help you lose calories.

If you need fitness ideas, there are great channels on youtube.  I like PopPilates.  YouTube  here is her channel if you wanna check it out.

Quoting Anonymous:

I've already lost 96lbs  

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 9, 2014 at 1:43 AM

BUMP!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)