Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Relationship Advice! Help!!!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 42 Replies
This is going to sound really weird since it's only been a short while but please don't slam me because of that.

I met this guy two weekends ago. We were introduced by a mutual friend after a night out and right away we "clicked". We have spent a lot of time together since then. I have grown to really like him but I think this is partially due to the fact that I have been alone for a very long time and it is refreshing to find someone that treats me right.

He has been in relationships for most of his life so he told me that he isn't interested in a committed relationship right now. I'm fine with that. We are both young (23 and 25) and I'm okay with just having fun until of/when he decided he wants to settle down.

We sit up and talk for hours about life and random shit but the communication about "us" is not all there. While I know he doesn't want a committed relationship, I need to know what he DOES want and I don't know how to bring this up without scaring him off.

It may be my insecurity and low self esteem but I don't feel like he is as into me as I am him.

Help me! What should I do???
Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 9, 2014 at 1:19 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Ninjascreenname
by Gold Member on Jun. 9, 2014 at 1:21 AM
2 moms liked this
It's been two weeks. Calm your tits and get to know the guy!
outtamymynd
by Ruby Member on Jun. 9, 2014 at 1:21 AM
1 mom liked this
Just enjoy it. Don't push him or you're going to scare him away.
If you're looking for more than he can offer right now, cut it off.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sm1bm3
by Bronze Member on Jun. 9, 2014 at 1:23 AM
This...unless you have someone better to spend your time with.

Quoting Ninjascreenname: It's been two weeks. Calm your tits and get to know the guy!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 9, 2014 at 1:23 AM

Give it some more time. Keep enjoying his company and enjoy the feeling of a new friendship.. 
Take your time.. and let him take his.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 9, 2014 at 1:23 AM
1 mom liked this
Thank you! I do want more but I'm willing to wait. I don't want to rush into anything so right now this is perfect.

Quoting outtamymynd: Just enjoy it. Don't push him or you're going to scare him away.
Ninjascreenname
by Gold Member on Jun. 9, 2014 at 1:24 AM
It's not perfect.

You're rushing and pushing for a serious commuted relationship when you don't even know the guy

Quoting Anonymous: Thank you! I do want more but I'm willing to wait. I don't want to rush into anything so right now this is perfect.

Quoting outtamymynd: Just enjoy it. Don't push him or you're going to scare him away.
mom2hadley
by Heather on Jun. 9, 2014 at 1:24 AM
It has been two weeks. Your post makes you sound very desperate.
MeeshMom
by Silver Member on Jun. 9, 2014 at 1:24 AM
Clearly he doesn't want a relationship. That's what he told you. Believe what he says. If you're gonna sleep with him don't be shocked when he moves along. Just being honest. Don't settle. If you want to date someone make sure they want the same too.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 9, 2014 at 1:24 AM
Thank you for the advice!

Quoting Anonymous:

Give it some more time. Keep enjoying his company and enjoy the feeling of a new friendship..  Take your time.. and let him take his.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 9, 2014 at 1:25 AM
I dont lol

Quoting sm1bm3: This...unless you have someone better to spend your time with.

Quoting Ninjascreenname: It's been two weeks. Calm your tits and get to know the guy!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)