Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

what do your dvds say about you?? EDIT

Posted by   + Show Post
Lol I was told that my dvd collection makes me look like a secret ax murderer. The front room contains all the kid movies but in my room I have a collection of 200+ adult movies lol. I have a complete collection of every stephen king movie made to date. Billions of 70's slashes. Oh and my personal favorite is my tarentino series.

Apparently this has changed my bff's whole view of who i am as a person. Im like wtf im a movie buff....

So what does your dvds say about you?

Edit....dear god woman stop getting hung up on the delivery of the movie!!! I was asking about what kind of movies you like. Geez!!!
by on Jun. 9, 2014 at 1:53 AM
Replies (41-50):
cntrdmom
by Ruby Member on Jun. 9, 2014 at 2:25 AM
I don't know. We have all kinds.
MysticNightSky
by on Jun. 9, 2014 at 2:26 AM

I have old books and some newer ones. My latests is this...

Quoting MsEmma88: Lol yes I have book shelves of real books too. I love a good new book.
Quoting MysticNightSky:

I have dvd's lol!

I watch netflix a lot but I have dvd's and books...

I have no idea. I have a bit of everything. I would like to have more thrillers though.

SpiritedWitch
by Froggie on Jun. 9, 2014 at 2:27 AM

We took the covers and made posters out of them. I do know what you mean about the metal covers. We have T2 and I think one of the Boondock Saints had a metal cover. I didn't get one of the spec edits that I really wanted ... Army of Darkness with the Book of the Dead cover. I missed it. =(

Quoting MsEmma88: I really love to keep mine in the original cases because I love cover art and I have some special edition metal cases. I cant do the alphabetical im just not that well organized
Quoting SpiritedWitch:

Ours used to be alphabetical and that got to be a serious pain in the ass. We are currently re-organizing by genre but with over 600 movies (DVD and Blu-ray) this is becoming a bigger pain. What do you keep yours in? Original cases? Player? Books? 

Quoting littlesippycup:

I have them organized by type!! Drama, scary, funny, racy funny, kids and sub types, like drama sad, drama happy, drama weird, scary or scary gory, DH has his own collection going and so does the teen, then the toddler childs, disney, elmo, misc cartoons...I could go on...

Quoting MsEmma88: Yay sippy cup!
Quoting littlesippycup:

We have hundreds =/ 

Quoting PoisonEyeV:

Quoting littlesippycup:

looks around shiftily at my piles and piles of DVDs....

Quoting PoisonEyeV:

I'm sayin....

Quoting Pink_Sunshine_:

Who the hell still has DVDs? LOL

Zazayam
by Ruby Member on Jun. 9, 2014 at 2:28 AM

Ha, right? I still have some VHS mixed in with them...

Quoting littlesippycup:

Quoting PoisonEyeV:

I'm sayin....

Quoting Pink_Sunshine_:

Zazayam
by Ruby Member on Jun. 9, 2014 at 2:30 AM

That I'm a lunatic. I don't even know how many I have, but there is absolutely no theme to them. I have a pile of kids movies, murder, comedy, horror, lame sci-fi, decent sci-fi, anime, love stories... Oh, you name it. About a million from any/every category, lol.

MadmanWithABox
by Bronze Member on Jun. 9, 2014 at 2:31 AM
I am poor, motherfuckers. I own exactly 0 bluerays. I do own a ton of DVDs, a shelf of VHS, and--just throwing it out there--I own CDs, cassettes, and records.

My DVD/VHS collection says, "I have children. I like comedy. I like anime. I remember the 90s. My husband likes movies about leatherclad, martial artsy, big boobed women fighting the man/vampires/evil."

Or it might mumble incoherently about...everything.
Purgatorian
by Bronze Member on Jun. 9, 2014 at 3:05 AM

I own a small video store worth of movies. At last count we had over 1K of DVD's. They are alphabetized and I tried to make a spreadsheet of them but gave up around 750.

I'd like to put them all on a hardrive, but crikey, that would take a year or two to do. It's easier to keep dusting them off at this point in time! In addition, we have probably another 500 on our master hard drive.

Even more in music.

My husband works for a large engineering firm, when someone gets fired his department restores the employees computers to factory, beforehand they copy any and all media they find. I can't imagine how many gigs of media files they have compiled.

Remember, don't use your work computer for personal use... someone always sees what you're up to!

MsEmma88
by Gold Member on Jun. 9, 2014 at 3:06 AM
1 mom liked this
I have the army of darkness one! I got it for my bday one year and wouldn't give it up for anything. They have some awesome metal covers coming out this year for father's day

Quoting SpiritedWitch:

We took the covers and made posters out of them. I do know what you mean about the metal covers. We have T2 and I think one of the Boondock Saints had a metal cover. I didn't get one of the spec edits that I really wanted ... Army of Darkness with the Book of the Dead cover. I missed it. =(

Quoting MsEmma88: I really love to keep mine in the original cases because I love cover art and I have some special edition metal cases. I cant do the alphabetical im just not that well organized

Quoting SpiritedWitch:

Ours used to be alphabetical and that got to be a serious pain in the ass. We are currently re-organizing by genre but with over 600 movies (DVD and Blu-ray) this is becoming a bigger pain. What do you keep yours in? Original cases? Player? Books? 

Quoting littlesippycup:

I have them organized by type!! Drama, scary, funny, racy funny, kids and sub types, like drama sad, drama happy, drama weird, scary or scary gory, DH has his own collection going and so does the teen, then the toddler childs, disney, elmo, misc cartoons...I could go on...

Quoting MsEmma88: Yay sippy cup!

Quoting littlesippycup:

We have hundreds =/ 

Quoting PoisonEyeV:

Quoting littlesippycup:

Quoting PoisonEyeV:

I'm sayin....

Quoting Pink_Sunshine_:

MsEmma88
by Gold Member on Jun. 9, 2014 at 3:09 AM
Lol your my kind of woman! This summer is my summer of review. I watch everything I own. To weed out the serious crap. I do it every five years so each year it takes longer to complete. I also have a terabyte of stuff I downloaded (not all legal; ) but that can wait

Quoting Purgatorian:

I own a small video store worth of movies. At last count we had over 1K of DVD's. They are alphabetized and I tried to make a spreadsheet of them but gave up around 750.

I'd like to put them all on a hardrive, but crikey, that would take a year or two to do. It's easier to keep dusting them off at this point in time! In addition, we have probably another 500 on our master hard drive.

Even more in music.

My husband works for a large engineering firm, when someone gets fired his department restores the employees computers to factory, beforehand they copy any and all media they find. I can't imagine how many gigs of media files they have compiled.

Remember, don't use your work computer for personal use... someone always sees what you're up to!

MsEmma88
by Gold Member on Jun. 9, 2014 at 3:11 AM
Lol you would love my martial arts section...ever seen drunken moneky fighting? Cracked me up for days

Quoting MadmanWithABox: I am poor, motherfuckers. I own exactly 0 bluerays. I do own a ton of DVDs, a shelf of VHS, and--just throwing it out there--I own CDs, cassettes, and records.

My DVD/VHS collection says, "I have children. I like comedy. I like anime. I remember the 90s. My husband likes movies about leatherclad, martial artsy, big boobed women fighting the man/vampires/evil."

Or it might mumble incoherently about...everything.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)