Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I'm about to be a millionaire!

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
My dhs grandpa is on his death bed,we never talk to him he's kind of a dick and doesn't want anything to do with us but my dh is in his will...he's a multi millionaire and were getting a million $$$

Were guna build a house,get some new cars...we make around 30,000$ a year so this is a lot of money to us! After the house and cars were guna live strictly off my dhs pay checks and put the rest away.

I'm really excited :D also we aren't telling anyone but close family. Our friends are all flakes and we feel like we put more into the friendships then they do,so we're not going to drop them when we get this money but we also just won't tell then how well off we are,I have a feeling they would magically make us more of a priority lol :)

I'm not planning on getting anything crazy,right now at the top of my list is a really cool swing set for the kids and I really want a couple american girl dolls for myself lol I used to love them as a kid but can't justify spending that much on a doll as an adult (I have 2 boys, if I had a girl I would have used that as an excuse lol)

What would u do with the money?
Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 9, 2014 at 10:13 AM
Replies (41-50):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 20 on Jun. 9, 2014 at 10:35 AM
3 moms liked this

I can honestly understand the appeal a swingset for your kids, a house, and a couple of cars must seem to you considering you make 30,000 a year.  Honestly?  Here's what I would recommend for you.

College.

Get you and your hubby into school, use what is left to cover your basic needs for the years you're in school (cheap rental, 1 car, lights, internet, phone, etc.  And yes, I consider a car and internet a priority for college students).  IF anything is left over, save it.  You may need it for gas to get to/from school or food.  And if you don't?  you have the start of a retirement fund.  If you invest in a degree that pays more than 30k a year, your family will benefit from that for years to come.  Once school is done and you have careers, if there is still money left over THEN look into a house.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 21 on Jun. 9, 2014 at 10:35 AM
Congrats?
2metalbabies
by Gold Member on Jun. 9, 2014 at 10:35 AM
Inheritance tax is harsh. You get taxed on it right away when you get the money and you have to pay it again when it's tax time.
KellBell0820
by Gold Member on Jun. 9, 2014 at 10:36 AM
I have money coming to me when my grandmother dies. I'm not excited about it though. A million also isn't a whole lot of money, your plans are going to burn through it pretty fast.
MonarchMom22
by Silver Member on Jun. 9, 2014 at 10:37 AM

Just keep in mind that your actual income is not changing.  if you can't afford the higher insurance and maintenance on the new cars now, you won't be able to afford it later either.  Same with the house.  Be sure to consider the property taxes, insurnace, upkeep and utilities on the house you are considering.  You need to be able to make all those payments from your actual salary or you will lose the money and the house.

I sincerely hope you have a softened heart toward this man, and that the money brings your family positive changes.

seksen
by Platinum Member on Jun. 9, 2014 at 10:37 AM
I think it is sad and sick that you are excited for a family member to die. Smh.. I can't believe people are that low now days. Pathetic
bcauseimthemom
by imjenndoe on Jun. 9, 2014 at 10:38 AM

I know I wouldn't be counting on being in anyone's will.  You may end up disappointed.  Don't forget about the taxes that will have to be paid on the money if you do get it.

It is really sad that you are speaking rudely of someone that is about to pass on.  The money,if the man was generous enough to put his grandson in his will, belongs to him. From the way it sounds, your husband and yourself had no contact but expect to get a windfall from the death of a man that worked for his money.  I honestly hope the man left the money to those that actually cared about  him or to charity. You sound greedy and self entitled.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 22 on Jun. 9, 2014 at 10:38 AM
2 moms liked this

Are "u" "guna" go to school? I would if I was you! Lol

Anonymous
by Anonymous 23 on Jun. 9, 2014 at 10:39 AM
This is a damn shame! Waiting for someone to die so y'all can have your house and cars.

Smdh
69liliem10
by on Jun. 9, 2014 at 10:41 AM
1 mom liked this
'Can you hurry up and die so I can get rich?'

That's fucking heartless.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)