Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Have you escaped a sexual assault?

Posted by on Jun. 9, 2014 at 10:58 AM
  • 46 Replies
1 mom liked this

Hello Moms,

I'm an editor at CafeMom's TheStir.com. We are starting a series of articles featuring real, everyday moms just like you. We want to give moms a chance to tell their amazing stories of survival and triumph when faced with unimaginable situations. For example, we are looking for women to share how she escaped a sexual assault.

If you are not comfortable using your real name, that is fine. You can share anonymously. If you are interested in sharing or have questions, please email us directly at esouter@cafemom.com.

Best,

Ericka

by on Jun. 9, 2014 at 10:58 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Memere60
by Bronze Member on Jun. 9, 2014 at 1:40 PM

I don't think my story is anything great, but when I was 19, I was living in my own apartment on the 3rd floor of a large building. As I got to my floor, there was a man sitting there right on the step of his apartment. He told me he had just gotten out of jail, and he was looking for someone to rape. I stayed calm, ended the conversation as soon as I could, and quickly walked to my apartment. When I got inside, I called my parents, who lived nearby, and told them I was in danger. My father came to get me, and I never spent another minute there alone. Looking back, I wonder why we never thought to call the police..... P.S. I'm 61 now.

Danesmommy1
by Grammar Police on Jun. 9, 2014 at 1:46 PM
1 mom liked this
Yes. An ex boyfriend got mad when he saw me at a party. He creeped me out enough to leave. It was a party in rural Alaska and the walk to the car was about a mile. He grabbed me and when my friends tried to help me he hit a few of them. I told them to leave and I'd go with him if he'd stop hurting my friends.

He dragged me farther into the woods and got half my clothes off when help arrived. I heard I man yell "get off her", ex yelled no, but the men had guns. Guns out in the bush in rural Alaska are the norm, btw.

So, I was rescued, lol.
Supervane
by Ruby Member on Jun. 9, 2014 at 1:48 PM
A sexual assault no, but an assault yes and I was pregnant. I've shared my experience on here before, not sure if I want it on the stir
angelaicky
by on Jun. 9, 2014 at 2:09 PM

This is a great idea, I never have suffered a sexual assault but I know so many people have.  The stories can be so hard to hear, we need to save are women and children from being hurt.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jun. 9, 2014 at 2:12 PM
1 mom liked this

I was on an internet dating site and met a man I had been talking to at the park, only I didn't realize the park emptied early.  He pushed me against my car and was groping me and a police car even went right by but didn't slow down.  I managed to get away by saying I was expected somewhere and that the people I was supposed to meet knew where I was.

Pecuellar
by Member on Jun. 9, 2014 at 2:33 PM

Sadly there are too many of these stories of almost.  Even worse are the stories of girls that were not almost. 

1) A guy in high school was tutoring me at his home (his mom was a math teacher).  When he was driving me home, he pulled over on a dark street and said I needed to pay him for tutoring (BJ).  I threatened to get out and walk back to his house so his mom could drive me home.  He took me home but never spoke to me again.

2) another time I was on a "date" with a guy who was all hands.  He had to stop home to "get something", when we got there no one was home and he tried to go from all hands to ripping my clothes off.  I totally panicked, and cried so hysterically he just took me home. 

3) I was driving on  a date and the guy who was with me kept trying to reach under my cloths while I was driving, even when I was telling him to stop.  I told him I needed gas, when he went in the store I drove off and left him there.

I don't think any of these were anything much, def not stir-worthy.  I just got lucky.  I don't understand why guys think they can "convince" a girl to do something.

iamanon
by Silver Member on Jun. 9, 2014 at 2:54 PM

I was unable to escape. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jun. 9, 2014 at 3:02 PM

this guy I was just starting to date wanted to have sex, I didn't - he threatened to get a machete out of his car and start going after my family and friends, I told him I had a yeast infection and showed him some medication (I don't know what the meds were for, but I figured he didn't either) - I had to give him a bj though

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jun. 9, 2014 at 3:25 PM
I was raped by a co-worker when I was 16 and he was 23.
Later on in my life, my boyfriend physically punched me repeatedly in my head in his car on our way home from his friends house (he was 24 and lived with his mom) at 3am. I jumped out of the moving car and ran from him to the driveway and hailed a car down, a big fat man was driving and he let me in and took me to safety. My bf drove at us and tried to make us wreck then turned around and went home. I had his friends number in my wallet so I was able to call him to come pick me up at the gas station and take me back to his moms. He had given it to me earlier because he knew how his friends got with girls. The friend was tall, ugly, glasses and there was obviously nothing between us.
Yeah that was scary, for sure. And I did not call the cops on him.
My next relationship was also abusive, but I did call the cops when he punched me in my face and gave me a black eye. I have the cops pictures of my face. I have no problem sharing if you want me to.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jun. 9, 2014 at 3:36 PM
The first time I got drunk I was 18 and a friend put me to bed in a bed at this house we were at. Apparently the guy whose bed it was thought I was there for him. As he was trying to get my pants off my friend was checking on me caught him and we left right away.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)