Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

What's the CRAZIEST thing your IL's have ever done??

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 41 Replies

For those of us who have crazy in-laws....what's the craziest thing your in-laws have ever done to you/your family?

My IL's went pyscho during my pregnancy. They told us we were being disrespectful towards them for not spending all of our free time at their house. They said they knew as soon as dd was born that they would never get to see her because I wouldn't let them. They went so far as to say that my DH was upset because I was the one causing issues between everyone because I wasn't doing everything that my FIL wanted us to do. They said they weren't even going to come to the hospital and see dd, they would just wait till after she was born. O_O Crazy people. They literally made everything up in their minds because there was absolutely NOTHING going on from our end. DH and I were perfectly happy and were actually trying very hard to please them. It didn't work so we gave up. Lol.

Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 9, 2014 at 11:38 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jun. 9, 2014 at 11:44 AM

BUMP!

redneckmama4
by Loree on Jun. 9, 2014 at 11:46 AM
Killed my horse and couldn't even tell me.

Called dhs on me.

Tried to hit me.

Required thousands of dollars when dh received a settlement.....15,000

Many more things which is why we moved almost 2000 miles away.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jun. 9, 2014 at 11:48 AM

What on earth?! That's all INSANE. Glad you DH has stuck by your side! That can be hard for when it's their parents who are being crazy.

Quoting redneckmama4: Killed my horse and couldn't even tell me. Called dhs on me. Tried to hit me. Required thousands of dollars when dh received a settlement.....15,000 Many more things which is why we moved almost 2000 miles away.

robibuni
by Platinum Member on Jun. 9, 2014 at 11:49 AM

Where do I begin?

The newest one was my MIL calling DH the weekend after he had his vasectomy and chewing him out for doing so because we ONLY have three children. His sister has 5 kids she can't afford (she's on Medicaid, FS, and WIC and is talking about having a 6th?!), and MIL brought up her having more and why can't we be more like her. DH was like "I'm not going to put myself in the poor house to have a bunch of kids". She was super pissed. 

Later that weekend, she called back and said she could hear it in his voice that he regretted getting the procedure and he started laughing at her and said "NOPE!"

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jun. 9, 2014 at 11:53 AM

Cause it's HER choice how many kids you have. Didn't you know that? Ha...the feeling of entitlement that some people have is just absolutely ridiculous to me.

Quoting robibuni:

Where do I begin?

The newest one was my MIL calling DH the weekend after he had his vasectomy and chewing him out for doing so because we ONLY have three children. His sister has 5 kids she can't afford (she's on Medicaid, FS, and WIC and is talking about having a 6th?!), and MIL brought up her having more and why can't we be more like her. DH was like "I'm not going to put myself in the poor house to have a bunch of kids". She was super pissed. 

Later that weekend, she called back and said she could hear it in his voice that he regretted getting the procedure and he started laughing at her and said "NOPE!"

redneckmama4
by Loree on Jun. 9, 2014 at 11:54 AM
Well, we still struggle from the rift it did put between us. I say my mil for who she was early on. My dh and other family members took a while to see it. She is a step mom who never had kids, knows it all and has a big chip on her shoulder to prove it. I lost respect for my fil for many reasons.

O-and then my 2 remainin' horses were stolen and they never told me. A cousin told my dh 5 months later. I do not like those people and cannot even put into words the heartache they have caused me.

Quoting Anonymous:

What on earth?! That's all INSANE. Glad you DH has stuck by your side! That can be hard for when it's their parents who are being crazy.

Quoting redneckmama4: Killed my horse and couldn't even tell me.

Called dhs on me.

Tried to hit me.

Required thousands of dollars when dh received a settlement.....15,000

Many more things which is why we moved almost 2000 miles away.

BraydensMama163
by Ruby Member on Jun. 9, 2014 at 11:55 AM
My mil tries to commit suicide once a year... To have a family reunion. Because we all come running when she does it.

3 weeks ago she shot herself in the side of her belly and the week before she took a bottle of blood thinners and slit her wrist.

She's always trying to hurt herself or cause drama. When dh and I started dating she came over one night while I was cooking dinner and demanded to speak to him alone. And she told him that someone they knew was working for my mother and was going to press charges on him for molesting my son who was 1 at the time.

Only problem with that was they had just moved up to the county we were living in and my family didn't know anyone in his family and we had no common friends. He eventually called her out on it after he asked me to pack my bags and move out because he was scared. Exactly what she wanted to happen. She admitted she just didn't like me.
Oh and at bil's wedding she showed up in a white dress. At her daughters wedding during the mother son dance for the groom and his mom she made one of her sons get up and dance with her. Seriously pissing everyone off.

She's a cup of crazy.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 9, 2014 at 11:56 AM

my MIL is big walking question mark. She makes no sense ever. For example my mil parks in the mall parking lot to walk 5 minutes to Target that has a parking lot for their store. She makes no damn sense. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jun. 9, 2014 at 11:59 AM
When my daughter was 3 months old, we went back to our hometown because my best friend was getting married and I was three matron of honor. Mil within even talking to us, decided to throw a party and informed us we would be at her house at x time and we would let all her friends, perfect strangers to us, hold our baby. I blew a gasket! I told her not only no, but hell no! They had a whooping cough outbreak at the time. Oh and did I mention my 3 month old was a preemie? Yup, she wanted me to hand my little preemie over to a bunch of people who work at schools and I don't know.
Okay, next one. When our youngest son was born she got upset that he was born about 2 weeks before his due date and got pissed at me. Sorry but I had no say in when he came. Then she informed us that she was upset that I didn't wait to have the baby until she got here. Okay, I was in labor for 4 hours and it's an 8 hour drive from her place and she wasn't even asked to.be there while I labored. Then she ha the balls to say it's her "right" to hold DS (I wanted him to feed him).
Yeah this is the tip of the iceberg. I've got 10 years of crazy I could tell you about.
goldpandora
by Silver Member on Jun. 9, 2014 at 12:05 PM

SIL refused to come to see me at the maternity if she couldn't bring her DDs - they were 8 and 11. I was in a high risk hospital and there were notices all over the place saying that under 15s were not allowed. She even got the older one to call me and try and wheedle permission saying that her friend got to go and see her aunt's baby. Yes, but that was in an ordinary hospital. I was in a high risk place. It wasn't allowed. Well, I was in there for two whole weeks with my twins and never saw her once ... 

I got out on a Friday. She expected me to cross the city at rush hour to show her my babies. The motorway to where I lived (50 miles away) was right next to the hospital. No way was I crossing a busy city.

Fast forward.

We didn't choose her to be godmother to either of the girls (surprised?). So when we had the christening (a civil christening, done at the town hall, more of a presentation of the babies to the community), she refused to come... She said it wasn't a "real" christening (well, it was real enough for her very catholic mother...) and never came (nor did her family). She did call a day before the event and say she would come (like she was doing me some great favor) but I told her the restaurant was booked and it was too late (and heard her husband in the background telling her to shut up and stop effing us around).

We decided to celebrate the girls' first birthday at my parents-in-law's place because MIL was seriously ill and could barely walk. We thought it was a nice thing to do. Just for the family. SIL called me and told me to make sure I had paper plates and plastic glasses so that FIL wouldn't have to clean up afterwards. I lost it at that point. I wouldn't care but every time I went to the IL's place I did all the washing up before I left ...

SIL is a self-centered loon ...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)