Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

What don't you get?

Posted by on Jun. 9, 2014 at 1:56 PM
  • 47 Replies
5 moms liked this

Ague all you want about what you think nursing mothers should do when out in public, it doesn't matter.  She is protected by LAW to nurse wherever she and the baby are otherwise allowed to be.  No, she wouldn't be allowed to nurse at a stag club because women aren't allowed there.  If it's a restaurant that has a no child policy, she wouldn't be allowed to nurse there either.  However, a grocery store, a public pool, the local diner, and church are all places where she is allowed to be with her baby.

It doesn't matter if you think it is appropriate.  It doesn't matter if she chooses to go to another room, cover, use the two shirt method, use only one shirt, feed in a baby carrier, or have her entire chest exposed.  She is protected by law and has every right to do that.

If you choose to say something to her along the lines of covering up or leaving the vicinity, unlike asking someone who is sagging to pull their pants up, you wouldn't simply be considered rude; you would be violating her rights and that is illegal.  If you work at, manage, or own an establishment and ask her to cover up or leave, prepare to have a bunch of nursing moms in your establishment to bring to your attention the fact that what you did was illegal.

If you truly want to understand why some moms do a certain action while others don't, asking questions is fine.  And you're welcome to have your opinion; nobody is trying to stop that.  All we want is to be left alone when we're feeding our babies.  We aren't out to seek attention, unless YOU want to make a big deal out of it.  Breasts are for feeding babies, and babies should be fed anywhere they happen to be when they get hungry.

by on Jun. 9, 2014 at 1:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ncbirdie
by Gold Member on Jun. 9, 2014 at 2:02 PM

BUMP!

Maks1mommy
by Ruby Member on Jun. 9, 2014 at 2:04 PM
1 mom liked this
They still won't get it.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jun. 9, 2014 at 2:08 PM
7 moms liked this

Here's a new topic that's never been covered!

Danesmommy1
by Grammar Police on Jun. 9, 2014 at 2:09 PM
1 mom liked this
I just can't get worked up about this topic anymore.
ImNotKarl
by Also Not Paul on Jun. 9, 2014 at 2:10 PM

Amen.

Ask me how you can be of at least average intelligence!

CarlaMarie1978
by on Jun. 9, 2014 at 2:11 PM
I don't care I would whip it right out and say I'm protected by law if someone said something
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jun. 9, 2014 at 2:15 PM
5 moms liked this
I don't throw a fit, but I do cringe when a woman has her breasts hanging out. Some breast feed modestly, and I hardly notice, others are too loud and abrasive to miss. Pooping is natural too, doesn't mean I poop with the door open.

Oh, and for the record, I bf both of my children and think that breast is best, whenever possible...I just happen to also believe in modesty.
KME3
by Platinum Member on Jun. 9, 2014 at 2:17 PM

Mobile Photo

Titties! Haha.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jun. 9, 2014 at 2:18 PM

What don't you get? If a Mom wants to formula feed then she is protected by LAW.  Same thing, different side of the coin.

JackieGirl007
by Ruby Member on Jun. 9, 2014 at 2:19 PM

I'm good with that.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)