Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

really need better way!!!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 17 Replies
I really need a better way of storing kids clothes!!! I swear I've redone it at least 4 times in the past 6 months and not happy with it still :/ I have sizes preemie-7. I have 12m, 24m/2t with some 3t summer and 6s out. The rest is stored. I won't put it in the attic in case dh deploys last minute I won't be able to get to them because I'm terrified of going up there (the ladder is stored in the attic and it doesn't attach to anything, it has to be set on the top step to climb up... And I can't reach the ladder to get it out of the attic lol) Im currently using the kids closets but my middle one I need to out the toy box in there but he has boxed clothes in the bottom of his closet and my youngest has a walk in but we wanted to set for up his changing station in there so there's no risk of kids climbing it or anything, right Now there isn't room to fit it with the rotation toys and the boxed clothes :(
How do you store outgrown and too big kids clothes???
Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 9, 2014 at 1:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lovemymini
by Emerald Member on Jun. 9, 2014 at 2:01 PM

They go in space bags then into rubber maid bins.  After that Dh takes them to the garage.

bunnywzrd
by on Jun. 9, 2014 at 2:03 PM

We don't keep clothes that are outgrown. There is no point. I put the clothes that are to big for them in their dressers just at the bottom so they don't grab them. If I put them in a box I would forget about them.

Zazayam
by Ruby Member on Jun. 9, 2014 at 2:04 PM

Space bags stuffed under beds and in closets, mostly.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jun. 9, 2014 at 2:07 PM
We used to use space bags but most of them after 2 uses didn't work :( I stopped buying them cause felt like they were a waste of money.

Quoting lovemymini:

They go in space bags then into rubber maid bins.  After that Dh takes them to the garage.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jun. 9, 2014 at 2:09 PM
A can you store them under your bed possibly?
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jun. 9, 2014 at 2:10 PM
Well the clothes get passed down so we keep them. Their dressers are full of their current sizes so I don't have room left in there and I'd need the whole dresser to fit the next size up lol. We always have the next size(s) up so I know we have them it used to be an issue of finding where that size was but now its a problem of where to put that size (I went in about 4 months ago and reorganized everything, before it was all squeezed into totes/boxes and not by sizes or anything just whatever each of the kids outgrew went into one til it was filled)

Quoting bunnywzrd:

We don't keep clothes that are outgrown. There is no point. I put the clothes that are to big for them in their dressers just at the bottom so they don't grab them. If I put them in a box I would forget about them.

lovemymini
by Emerald Member on Jun. 9, 2014 at 2:10 PM

We've never had an issue with them.  Then again I don't open the bags up regularly either.

Quoting Anonymous: We used to use space bags but most of them after 2 uses didn't work :( I stopped buying them cause felt like they were a waste of money.
Quoting lovemymini:

Danesmommy1
by Grammar Police on Jun. 9, 2014 at 2:11 PM
Bags crammed under the bed, lol.
Seagodess
by Platinum Member on Jun. 9, 2014 at 2:11 PM

We just get rid of them when they dont fit and dont buy anything so far in advance. I hate having to store stuff.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jun. 9, 2014 at 2:11 PM
We had them and they always stopped working after about 2 uses :/ I loved them in our smaller place and when we moved it made it easier but I was constantly replacing them... Think we had 2 or 3 different brands that we tried

Quoting Zazayam:

Space bags stuffed under beds and in closets, mostly.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)