Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Did I really degraded their kids.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 56 Replies
It was my DD's Birthday 3 days ago. We went to the kids' party place to celebrate with her friends and classmates. My DH bought a piñata, and "the place" told us it was OK with them. By the end of the party they brought out the piñata and didn't let the kids hit it. They just opened it and all the candies fall on the floor, the kids had little bags to collect the candy, so they did. My DH saw that they left half of the bag of candy so he throw the rest of them for the kids. Kids where very happy and had lots of fun collected the candy. The problem is that couple of parents got upset. They said that it was degrading for their kids. Really??? Do you think it was?
Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 9, 2014 at 10:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 9, 2014 at 10:04 PM
No, I don't think it's "disgrading" at all.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jun. 9, 2014 at 10:04 PM

Do you mean degrading?  In what way is it degrading?  I would not worry so much about what other parents think. 

craazycuckoo
by on Jun. 9, 2014 at 10:05 PM

What he hell is disgrading?

zeenah
by Zarah on Jun. 9, 2014 at 10:05 PM

I have no clue what disgraded means.

Big sister to be! Nov. 2014

catngabsmom
by Silver Member on Jun. 9, 2014 at 10:08 PM
1 mom liked this
I personally hate piñata's!! My girls are still, at 11.5 and 13, the kids always pushed out of the way while greedy little sugar vultures (the ones who are never allowed candy EVER), swarm and descend upon the candy!!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jun. 9, 2014 at 10:09 PM
uhh
daniellegirly26
by Bronze Member on Jun. 9, 2014 at 10:09 PM
3 moms liked this
Haha sugar vultures!! I love it!

Quoting catngabsmom: I personally hate piñata's!! My girls are still, at 11.5 and 13, the kids always pushed out of the way while greedy little sugar vultures (the ones who are never allowed candy EVER), swarm and descend upon the candy!!
Ginger0104
by Gold Member on Jun. 9, 2014 at 10:09 PM

You probably would have really pissed them off had you used the pinata as it's normally used.

Sticks and beating the poor thing? OMG. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jun. 9, 2014 at 10:09 PM
Haha. Thanks. :-)

Quoting Anonymous:

Do you mean degrading?  In what way is it degrading?  I would not worry so much about what other parents think. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Jun. 9, 2014 at 10:11 PM
Sounds like some uptight parents.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)