There are certain things you expect out of your doctors during surgery. Competence for one -- a qualified, trained, and certified physician is pretty important. You want them to do the best job they can, and you definitely want them to bring their A-game to the operating table.

One thing you don't want your doctor doing during surgery is sexting. That's exactly what Seattle anesthesiologist Arthur K. Zilberstein has been accused of doing -- repeatedly. Allegedly, the randy doctor "exchanged sexually explicit texts during surgeries when he was the responsible anesthesiologist," and has had his license suspended pending further investigation.

According to a Medical Quality Assurance Commission statement, Zilberstein "compromised patient safety due to his preoccupation with sexual matters while he was on hospital duty between at least April and August 2013."

The report charges Zilberstein with sending 64 texts just on one day, June 17, 2013, many sent just minutes apart and laced with sexual innuendos. Although it's not apparent how the texts were discovered, one supposedly read, "I'm hella busy with C sections."

That's what every mom in the middle of major surgery to bring a baby into the world needs -- an anesthesiologist more preoccupied with sexting then keeping track of their vitals.

The statement said, "Respondent’s lack of focus on patient care while providing anesthesia services for hospital-based surgical procedures routinely fell below the standard of care and put patients at unreasonable risk of harm."

More from The Stir: Male OB/GYN Charged With Snapping Nude Pics Triggers Our Worst Fears

Gah. Do you know that anesthesiology is the highest paid profession in America? Yup, that guy keeping patients asleep during surgery makes more than the surgeon operating, more often than not. It's a delicate job to keep patients knocked out so surgeons can do the things that would otherwise kill them. Plus it takes 12+ years of training before they can start practicing.

Have I mentioned that anesthesiologists should not be sexting during surgery?

Oh but wait, there's more. Because there's always more in these types of cases, right? Zilberstein also "improperly accessed medical-record imaging for sexual gratification and had sexual encounters at his workplace."

Good Lord, I don't even think I want to know what's involved there. I just hope it doesn't involve taking advantage of any patients.

He's also being investigated for 29 unauthorized prescriptions for controlled substances, and is accused of having sexual relations with at least one patient, and prescribing unauthorized narcotics to her.

He’s also accused of issuing at least 29 unauthorized prescriptions for controlled substances and other drugs. The charges also allege that Zilberstein had sexual relations with a patient and prescribed unauthorized narcotics to her.

Thankfully, he's banned from practicing as a physician in Washington until the charges are cleared. I really, really hope that they're cleared, just because I hope no doctor would behave in such a depraved way. But if he did do it, I hope he gets plenty of time to sext as much as he wants when his medical license is revoked.

Would you be horrified to find out your doctor had been sexting during your surgery?

Image via Zdenko Zivkovic/Flickr