Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

The use of guns is failing america

Posted by on Jun. 10, 2014 at 2:41 PM
  • 391 Replies
18 moms liked this

More people die verses being protected when people are armed in America. I just think we as americans are careless, reckless, and insecure.

by on Jun. 10, 2014 at 2:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
phoenix7
by Bronze Member on Jun. 10, 2014 at 2:41 PM
9 moms liked this

and why do you think this is? is it a gun problem or a people problem

"hippy" mamma to lots of lovies

thetrollcat
by Meow on Jun. 10, 2014 at 2:43 PM
7 moms liked this

Let me make this clear to you. If we have a group of people (terrorist for example) that are careless, lacking responsibility, and maturity, perhaps they shouldnt own guns. Indeed people are the problem and having guns isnt going to solve assholes from gunning others down.

Quoting phoenix7:

mich2.0
by on Jun. 10, 2014 at 2:43 PM
4 moms liked this

Do you have statistics/studies to back this up?

j3st3r
by Jedi on Jun. 10, 2014 at 2:45 PM
5 moms liked this

According to the CDC, firearm related suicides outnumber firearm related murders nearly 2:1.  Motor vehicle deaths outnumber all firearm related deaths.

thetrollcat
by Meow on Jun. 10, 2014 at 2:46 PM
11 moms liked this

do you have statistics to support that America isnt suffering from school shootings due to careless asshole people that cannot handle guns responsibily?

Quoting mich2.0:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jun. 10, 2014 at 2:48 PM
28 moms liked this
The problem with America is not guns. But lack of mental health care. If there was more help available to those who are mentally ill, we wouldn't have the problems we do. Or least as much.
mich2.0
by on Jun. 10, 2014 at 2:48 PM
7 moms liked this

Quoting thetrollcat:

do you have statistics to support that America isnt suffering from school shootings due to careless asshole people that cannot handle guns responsibily?

Quoting mich2.0:

Lmao. You're the one who made the claim. You have the burden of proof, not me.

phoenix7
by Bronze Member on Jun. 10, 2014 at 2:48 PM
4 moms liked this

you seem very angry...i agree that certain people shouldnt have guns but who should be the one to decide that?

Quoting thetrollcat:

Let me make this clear to you. If we have a group of people (terrorist for example) that are careless, lacking responsibility, and maturity, perhaps they shouldnt own guns. Indeed people are the problem and having guns isnt going to solve assholes from gunning others down.

Quoting phoenix7:

"hippy" mamma to lots of lovies

thetrollcat
by Meow on Jun. 10, 2014 at 2:48 PM
2 moms liked this

according to current events school shootings are increasing, public shooting are increasing, and daycare shooting is next. While I am not blaming guns, clearly people of the USA have issues and probably shouldnt have guns because it is americans raising these assholes.

Quoting j3st3r:

According to the CDC, firearm related suicides outnumber firearm related murders nearly 2:1.  Motor vehicle deaths outnumber all firearm related deaths.

thetrollcat
by Meow on Jun. 10, 2014 at 2:49 PM
7 moms liked this

oh bullshit, they use mental illness as a reason to act like assholes

Quoting Anonymous: The problem with America is not guns. But lack of mental health care. If there was more help available to those who are mentally ill, we wouldn't have the problems we do. Or least as much.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN