Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Just call me horrible mom #1!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 8 Replies
In an act of sheer frustration I decided to try some thing new before bedtime with dd , she is 4. For some unknown reason, for several weeks, every night, when she gets into bed, she seems to get this crazy burst of energy and she goes nuts in her bed. She practically bounces off the walls. She is not allowed any sugary foods in the evenings, they are minimal during the day, absolutely NO caffine what so ever, but like clockwork she comes alive when it's bedtime. I cannot figure out why she's been doing this. It takes an extra hour to get her to sleep due to this. Tonight I decided that while I was washing dinner dishes fo have her run 7 times from her bedroom door to the bathroom door to my bedroom door to the office door, back to her door. All 4 door ways are off the kitchen so she was basically running circles around me and I could watch her to make sure she was ok. After the 7th lap she said she was out of energy. Lol. Lets hope this works. I really don't want to guve my 4 year old melatonin.
Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 10, 2014 at 9:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jun. 11, 2014 at 6:30 AM
Guess I'm not that horrible after all.
PoisonEyeV
by _ on Jun. 11, 2014 at 6:32 AM
1 mom liked this

Lol why don't you take her outside after dinner. Fresh air knocks most kids out...it knocks me out.

Medic32
by RN=Rescue Ninja on Jun. 11, 2014 at 6:35 AM
I have a three year old with similar issues.

We started a few new things.

We go for a family walk/bike ride after dinner. We start bath/book:bed routine an hour earlier, and I use Lavender in her bath.

It has helped tremendously .
ShellLea
by Silver Member on Jun. 11, 2014 at 6:36 AM

I used to have my oldest boy run around the back yard when he got like that. I would cheer him on from the window. It worked while he was little. 

MJ09
by on Jun. 11, 2014 at 6:38 AM

I do the same thing with my four year old....sometimes I get Dad to chase her or have a "race", pretty much anything to tire her out. Do what ya gotta do Momma :-)

CrossStitchMum
by Gold Member on Jun. 11, 2014 at 6:44 AM
Don't worry mama. My kids are like that too. So I also tried a different aproach tonight. Usually I have 2 or 3 whinging at 9am that they aren't tired. Tonight - dinner (boiled veges and chicken in mushroom sauce), hot chocolate, a story, and all 4 were snoring by 8:15

:D
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jun. 11, 2014 at 7:17 AM
It's been raining a lot here lately.

Quoting PoisonEyeV:

Lol why don't you take her outside after dinner. Fresh air knocks most kids out...it knocks me out.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jun. 11, 2014 at 7:17 AM
I've always used lavender in her bath.

Quoting Medic32: I have a three year old with similar issues.

We started a few new things.

We go for a family walk/bike ride after dinner. We start bath/book:bed routine an hour earlier, and I use Lavender in her bath.

It has helped tremendously .
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)