Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Uh Oh..

Posted by on Jun. 11, 2014 at 3:47 AM
  • 69 Replies
Well.. Wes and I were talking tonight and he says he plans to be married in five years and he hopes it's to me. We have already been together five, and I've already told him that I have ZERO intentions of getting married for at least another ten to fifteen years. I'm not ready for that kind of commitment. He says if I'm not ready to marry him, we should just call it quits.. We only have one child together, so it's not really a huge issue in not being married. I just don't want too. Maybe not ever. What do you ladies think? Am I wrong? Should we separate?
by on Jun. 11, 2014 at 3:47 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
-___-
by Bronze Member on Jun. 11, 2014 at 3:48 AM
Help!!
-___-
by Bronze Member on Jun. 11, 2014 at 3:50 AM
white_wolf454
by Platinum Member on Jun. 11, 2014 at 3:53 AM

thats a long time to wait 10-15 ? 5 seems more resonable after all you never know yor thoughts might change

MysticNightSky
by on Jun. 11, 2014 at 3:53 AM

I am sleepy and can't think of any response but here is a bump for you:)

eykelley
by Gold Member on Jun. 11, 2014 at 3:53 AM
1 mom liked this
Idk what to tell you. I married dh 6m to the day of meeting him. I KNEW i loved him and I didnt want anyone else. Commitment for me was knowing that. If you feel like you cant commit after 5 years together, i say stop wasting the dudes time and let him find someome who DOES want to commit to him. But, be prepared for ur kiddo to have a stepmom and all that fun stuff.
-___-
by Bronze Member on Jun. 11, 2014 at 3:58 AM
I'm prepared for all of that stuff. I feel like I love him enough to spend my life with him, I just DON'T wanna be married.

Quoting eykelley: Idk what to tell you. I married dh 6m to the day of meeting him. I KNEW i loved him and I didnt want anyone else. Commitment for me was knowing that. If you feel like you cant commit after 5 years together, i say stop wasting the dudes time and let him find someome who DOES want to commit to him. But, be prepared for ur kiddo to have a stepmom and all that fun stuff.
-___-
by Bronze Member on Jun. 11, 2014 at 3:59 AM
Thanks, Mamas. :)

Quoting MysticNightSky:

I am sleepy and can't think of any response but here is a bump for you:)

SuchAKillJoy
by Silver Member on Jun. 11, 2014 at 4:00 AM
The only difference would be having a piece of paper stating you are married though... I fail to see the huge leap between spending your life with him and being married, they are basically the same thing one just comes with legal benefits.

Quoting -___-: I'm prepared for all of that stuff. I feel like I love him enough to spend my life with him, I just DON'T wanna be married.

Quoting eykelley: Idk what to tell you. I married dh 6m to the day of meeting him. I KNEW i loved him and I didnt want anyone else. Commitment for me was knowing that. If you feel like you cant commit after 5 years together, i say stop wasting the dudes time and let him find someome who DOES want to commit to him. But, be prepared for ur kiddo to have a stepmom and all that fun stuff.
-___-
by Bronze Member on Jun. 11, 2014 at 4:00 AM
My feelings will not change. If we do ever get married, it will be more towards the end of the 15 year marker.

Quoting white_wolf454:

thats a long time to wait 10-15 ? 5 seems more resonable after all you never know yor thoughts might change

-___-
by Bronze Member on Jun. 11, 2014 at 4:01 AM
That's exactly my thoughts. I don't need a piece of paper.

Quoting SuchAKillJoy: The only difference would be having a piece of paper stating you are married though... I fail to see the huge leap between spending your life with him and being married, they are basically the same thing one just comes with legal benefits.

Quoting -___-: I'm prepared for all of that stuff. I feel like I love him enough to spend my life with him, I just DON'T wanna be married.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)