Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

White jeans. More specifically white skinny jeans. What is the secret?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 44 Replies

Ok so I wear a size 2.  Every time I try on white skinny jeans my legs look like encases sausages.  I do have athletic/muscular legs because I run 8 to 10 miles every day.   I see other people wear them and they look good...people who are larger than me.  So what gives....is there some sort of white jean secret that I don't know about?

Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 11, 2014 at 6:08 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 11, 2014 at 6:09 AM
It is in your head and you look fine. There is no way that anyone who is size two has legs that look like sausauges.
ChunkyBunny
by Princess FluffyButt on Jun. 11, 2014 at 6:10 AM
3 moms liked this
Don't wear them. That's the secret.
msb64
by Platinum Member on Jun. 11, 2014 at 6:17 AM

Are your legs short compared to the rest of your body?  I am 5'7" and a size 4/6 and leggings and skinny jeans look terrible on me.  My inseam is 28!  My MIL is quite large and they look good on her but her legs are much longer in proportion to the rest of her body.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 11, 2014 at 6:19 AM

Hmmm....I'm not sure.  I will go measure.  I'm 5' 6" and usually wear regular length.  Heading off to find the measuring tape

Quoting msb64:

Are your legs short compared to the rest of your body?  I am 5'7" and a size 4/6 and leggings and skinny jeans look terrible on me.  My inseam is 28!  My MIL is quite large and they look good on her but her legs are much longer in proportion to the rest of her body.

zeenah
by Zarah on Jun. 11, 2014 at 6:21 AM

Mine look fine. But I think it depends on the brands certain brands make mine look funny too. (Regardless of color)

Big sister to be! Nov. 2014

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 11, 2014 at 6:22 AM

You might be on to something here.  I just measured and my inseam is 31.

Quoting msb64:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 11, 2014 at 6:23 AM

What brand to you wear?

Quoting zeenah:

Mine look fine. But I think it depends on the brands certain brands make mine look funny too. (Regardless of color)

JulietAngel89
by Platinum Member on Jun. 11, 2014 at 6:25 AM

pic?

msb64
by Platinum Member on Jun. 11, 2014 at 6:28 AM

My DD is 5'6" and looks super in skinny jeans but she has really long legs (it is so not fair).  I think the lighter colors and patterns make shorter legs look chunkier.

Quoting Anonymous:

You might be on to something here.  I just measured and my inseam is 31.

Quoting msb64:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 11, 2014 at 6:30 AM

Of what?  Me or the jeans?

Quoting JulietAngel89:

pic?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)