Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Would you allow someone you bullied become a FB friend?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 14 Replies
Not a proud moment in life. I unfortunately bullied a class mate years ago. 20 years ago actually. I feel bad about it and know it was wrong. I did apologize years ago. I ran into her the other day after 5 years and we chatted. She seems to be doing well with her family. So last night I see she friend requested me on FB. I feel weird about it. I don't know if I should accept. What would you do?
Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 11, 2014 at 6:48 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
TheFairest
by Zombie on Jun. 11, 2014 at 6:50 AM
Accept it, she has obviously forgiven you and wants to move on.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jun. 11, 2014 at 6:51 AM

Why not? You were the one in the wrong, it's not as though she bullied you. Doesn't sound as though you've changed much. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jun. 11, 2014 at 6:51 AM

I, ashamedly, bullied a girl in high school.  30 years later she sent me a friend request.  I accepted and wrote a long note apologizing for my behavior in school.  I think it was cathartic for both of us.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jun. 11, 2014 at 6:51 AM
Based on what?

Quoting Anonymous:

Why not? You were the one in the wrong, it's not as though she bullied you. Doesn't sound as though you've changed much. 

ihave1
by Platinum Member on Jun. 11, 2014 at 6:53 AM

Why not, seems she got over it. So you can get over it too.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jun. 11, 2014 at 6:53 AM
We talked years ago before FB and apologized. She seems to be ok about it. She said she accepted my apology and has moved on from it.

Quoting Anonymous:

I, ashamedly, bullied a girl in high school.  30 years later she sent me a friend request.  I accepted and wrote a long note apologizing for my behavior in school.  I think it was cathartic for both of us.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jun. 11, 2014 at 6:54 AM
I think so too. I was just wondering if it was weird. But forgiveness is a good thing.

Quoting ihave1:

Why not, seems she got over it. So you can get over it too.

TableforSeven
by Platinum Member on Jun. 11, 2014 at 6:55 AM

I only have close friends on my Facebook.  So, if this is just a person I haven't even seen in years and never speak to, I wouldn't accept the request, no matter what the bully-situation had been back in school.

PhantomRose88
by Ruby Member on Jun. 11, 2014 at 7:01 AM
I never bullied anyone. But, I only let close friends and family on my FB so no I wouldnt add avrandom person that I have no relationshio with.
witzandglitz
by Bronze Member on Jun. 11, 2014 at 7:02 AM
Accept. The past is over and now you have an opportunity to develop a real friendship. Go for it!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)