Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My sister isnt letting her get an abortion....UPDATE she got the court order and the procedure done...

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 1196 Replies
13 moms liked this
My niece is pregnant. She came to me in tears because her mom is not going to consent for her to have an abortion

I didnt even know you needed parental consent. She is lost and confused and she doesnt know what to do. She said the only way to get one done is a court order but i have no clue what that means and neither does she... I feel she knows what is best for her in this situation. She knows she is not ready to be a mom

ETA She is 17

ETA2: thank you for all your opinions and those who have helped. We are going to the court house tomorrow so she can fill out paperwork if all goes well she will get a hearing same day. After reading about others who have gone through it (on other websites) it should be very easy for her to get it done. She is at the top of her grade, graduating school early, has a job, and a full ride scholarship to college. I think any judge would agree she is mature enough to make her own decisions. Hopefully she can get this done and the procedure done ASAP

UPDATE: She got the procedure done today. It was quick and she is back home resting.
Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 11, 2014 at 3:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Featured Replies
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jun. 13, 2014 at 1:40 PM
Update: the judge approved it and she got the court order.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 11, 2014 at 3:23 PM
2 moms liked this
What does her mom intend to do about the baby..help,take custody,kick her out?
crysiann
by Platinum Member on Jun. 11, 2014 at 3:23 PM
1 mom liked this
How old is she?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jun. 11, 2014 at 3:23 PM
23 moms liked this
Her mom sucks for forcing her child to gestate against her will.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 11, 2014 at 3:23 PM
2 moms liked this
She wants her to raise the baby.

Quoting Anonymous: What does her mom intend to do about the baby..help,take custody,kick her out?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 11, 2014 at 3:24 PM

Quoting crysiann: How old is she?
crysiann
by Platinum Member on Jun. 11, 2014 at 3:25 PM
Wow, at that age, she should be able to make her own decision. Can you talk to her mom?

Quoting Anonymous: 17

Quoting crysiann: How old is she?
BrutalTruth
by urbullyisshowing on Jun. 11, 2014 at 3:25 PM
I didn't knoe you needed consenst either, but fuck your sister for forcing her to have a baby.
bluebunnybabe
by Ruby Member on Jun. 11, 2014 at 3:26 PM
At 17 I wouldn't think it would be hard to get the court order or she could travel to another state without anyone's help as they could get in trouble.
stormborn
by on Jun. 11, 2014 at 3:26 PM

That sucks, I am so sorry for your niece. I wish parental consent was not needed in all 50 states. Try talking to your sister, maybe you can get through to her.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jun. 11, 2014 at 3:26 PM
16 moms liked this

Then your neice needs to start doing research for adoption agencies. They can sometimes help with expenses and this way she won't be the mom herself. It is also a very rough decision so if she decides to do that it will be a wonderful thing.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)