Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Just Another Dead Kid....

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

We're never going to have a real conversation about gun violence in this country.

Hell, only ONE dead kid?  That's a good day in the world of school shootings! 

Good job gun lobby....you won.  You have made us all so totally cavalier to the loss of life versus your so-called rights, that no reform will EVER happen. Hell, even a discussion about enforcing EXISTING laws is met with fierce opposition.

I am curious though....what exactly do you think you won?  A society that sees yet another school shooting as simply a passing news story?  A society that sees a dead kid as nothing more than collateral damage in this "war." 

Yeah, yeah....guns don't kill people....people with guns kill people.  THEN FUCKING DO SOMETHING ABOUT THOSE PEOPLE, DAMMIT!

Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 11, 2014 at 6:33 PM
Replies (11-20):
grnhsegoddess
by on Jun. 11, 2014 at 6:48 PM
Tell it!

Quoting JanineDeer:

You better rethink things.   We had guns all along... and not this stuff.  sure the criminals all kill each other in the inner cities- that's gang stuff.  But these mass "random" nutters?

PSCHOTROPIC DRUGS.   Yes it is completely true.  We are passing out pills like candy to everyone.  It changes the brain so dramatically in so many. 

ARRRgh I hate this forum sometimes I can cut and paste but not right now apparently.

PLEASE just google about "mass shooters and prozac" and you will get enough results with the statistic to SHOW YOU. 

They are all on these drugs

iamanon
by on Jun. 11, 2014 at 6:49 PM

Won...nothing. Theyve upheld our consititutional right to bear arms. Which is something.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jun. 11, 2014 at 6:51 PM

You're a special kind of stupid. 

peanutsmommy1
by Ruby Member on Jun. 11, 2014 at 6:51 PM
I said to my husband the other day that it is a sad day when we consider a school shooting with one death "not that bad"
iamanon
by on Jun. 11, 2014 at 6:51 PM
2 moms liked this

Criminals do not obey the laws. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Jun. 11, 2014 at 6:53 PM
2 moms liked this

You sound like a sensationalist. Don't like what I say? Then you must be a cold hearted asshole! It couldn't be that the person is using logic or anything. You can't base wide spread policy off of isolated incidents.

bellaamore
by Gold Member on Jun. 11, 2014 at 6:54 PM
2 moms liked this
Quoting Anonymous:

I'm sure the parents of that dead child are comforted by this sentiment.

Quoting bellaamore: No, bad people with guns kill people.

I didn't say anything to comfort them. I told YOU that your statement was not correct.

At 15, my best friend shot herself with her dad's shotgun. No one ran around blaming the gun.
Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on Jun. 11, 2014 at 6:54 PM
This is a mental health issue really, not a gun issue.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Jun. 11, 2014 at 6:56 PM
3 moms liked this

Mobile Photo

And let me add: you people that are saying we shoukd ban guns are fucking funny hypocrites. When shit goes down who do you run to? Oh thats right a bunch of people with GUNS!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Jun. 11, 2014 at 7:00 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting Anonymous: I'm pro gun. I don't understand how those against them think that some gun law banning personal ownership will solve anything. Good people will be less protected while bad people who don't follow the law will continue to have and get guns by one mean or another. Guns are not the issue in school shootings, its deeper then just that. How do you feel about school stabbings? Should we ban all personal knives?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN