Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Having an issue with new neighbor, any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. ***update***

Posted by on Jun. 12, 2014 at 3:15 AM
  • 177 Replies
We researched our new house online. The area, the schools, crime rate, sex offenders, trash removal. We came to the area and house a dozen times, different days, different times to see what goes on in the neighborhood. We talked to neighbors. We were totally in love and purchased the house. Moved in on Sunday.

First day and every day since we have been bothered and now stalked by a neighbor. There is a residential house across the street. Five adults live there, handicap and two have significant cerebral palsy. One of the men in a scooter comes to the house and sits outside in our yard and stares at out house. He knocks on our door, once opened our door. We of course instantly told everyone to make sure the door stays locked. When we come and go from the driveway he is waiting to talk to us. He said he wants to meet our kids, asked their names and ages. Asked if our girls were married or have boyfriends. It creeps me out. DH and I immediately started walking the girls out to their cars when they leave and they text when they are close so we can watch. I told him do not come to the door unless "this" car us here, pointing to DHs car. Last night, as soon as DH and I left in DHs car, he started knocking on our door. The kids didn't answer.

DH wants to yell at him, tell him flat out, stay away. I want to go to the home and talk to who runs it and tell them to make him stay away. But not sure if either will work!

I didn't see the man until 2pm, then I look outside and he is parked right in front of DDs truck, blocking her. She had to leave and didn't want to go out. I went out, asked him to move. He said " I was just waiting to meet your beautiful daughter". I told him no, he isn't meeting her, he isn't meeting any of my children. And he needs to leave. He started talking about how beautiful myself and my children are and how nice my husband is. I told him again, firmly without getting into a conversation, that he needs to leave. My next door neighbor came out, and stood beside me, also telling him to leave. He scooted away, mumbling something I couldn't understand.

My neighbor who has been here a while said he has had some issues with him but nothing like that. That it must be because I have daughters.

When DH got home, we, and a few neighbors I had talked to during the day, went to the house. It is disgusting! They don't have a person watching them full time. They only have assistance a few hours a day. Someone to give medications to them, feed them and "clean up". I was taken aback for sure. We asked another resident for information of who is in charge and after 15 minutes we got a name and phone number. I am calling today and if I see him again, anywhere near my home, I am calling the police.
by on Jun. 12, 2014 at 3:15 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
rebeccarae
by on Jun. 12, 2014 at 3:17 AM

Damn, I feel bad for you.  You had the dream house, and now this. I don't have much advice but bump.

imultracool
by Gold Member on Jun. 12, 2014 at 3:18 AM
14 moms liked this
You should flat out tell him to stay away. If he doesnt, talk to whoever runs the house, like you said. If that doesnt work, get the police involved.
Lorelai_Nicole
by Lorelai on Jun. 12, 2014 at 3:18 AM
3 moms liked this

That sounds pretty creepy. I would go talk to the person who runs the house and see what they can do. If it continues to happen after that, I would contact the police.

Alexis Emma 10-13-1999 - 14 years old
Kirsten Leslie 03-14-2004 - 10 years old
Sarah Mackenzie 08-14-2007 - 6 years old
Charlotte Amelia & Harmon David 04-12-2012 - 2 years old
Angela Victoria 06-09-1996 - 17 years old (niece) 

barrelracer1699
by Silver Member on Jun. 12, 2014 at 3:18 AM

I would talk to the person that runs the house. If that doesn't work then I would go to the cops and file a complaint. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jun. 12, 2014 at 3:18 AM
8 moms liked this
Go to the home and talk to them. If he is mentally unstable then screaming and yelling at him could make things worse. Most likely he is just lonely and not dangerous but one never knows in these situations.
lovinlife0429
by on Jun. 12, 2014 at 3:20 AM
I know! I don't know if I want to laugh or cry. Lol

Quoting rebeccarae:

Damn, I feel bad for you.  You had the dream house, and now this. I don't have much advice but bump.

lovinlife0429
by on Jun. 12, 2014 at 3:21 AM
My kids want to skip it all and call the police. Other neighbors said they have had some issues and hide from him. But they have said he seems obsessed with us. Probably because of my daughters.

Quoting imultracool: You should flat out tell him to stay away. If he doesnt, talk to whoever runs the house, like you said. If that doesnt work, get the police involved.
Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on Jun. 12, 2014 at 3:22 AM
17 moms liked this

Post this on your property

lovinlife0429
by on Jun. 12, 2014 at 3:22 AM
I tend to look at the softer side, and think he is just lonely. But I can't take chances. We also have an infant grandson in the house.

Quoting Anonymous: Go to the home and talk to them. If he is mentally unstable then screaming and yelling at him could make things worse. Most likely he is just lonely and not dangerous but one never knows in these situations.
JackieGirl007
by Ruby Member on Jun. 12, 2014 at 3:22 AM
2 moms liked this

I would have dh put the fear of God in him and ALSO talk to the manager. NOT COOL.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)