Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

huge to do

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 13 Replies
To do list that is!
Anyone else have a HUGE to-do list?? I feel like I'm getting no where even after spending past 2 days whenever the kids are sleeping to work on it :/
I'm deep cleaning the house and organizing stuff so there's a ton on there from that alone (getting into every nook and cranny and scrubbing the whole house down in and out top to bottom). I have to fix up my ds's old bed for my sister, Sunday were going to a BBQ and the list keeps getting long of what I need to bring (which means more shopping), I am trying to prepare for court so have to get all of that stuff together and mentally prepare myself, today's payday so I have to sit to pay bills and grocery shopping before Saturday, have a birthday party to prep for, my in laws will be here in barely a month & I'm sure there's plenty I missed

I'm just feeling crazy overwhelmed today. I have lists and a rough schedule of what day stuff is happening and/or needs to be done by but none of its seemed to help any :(
Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 12, 2014 at 3:34 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 12, 2014 at 3:37 AM
Everyday I have a large to do list and everyday I tell myself I will get it done. It never does
Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on Jun. 12, 2014 at 3:39 AM

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 12, 2014 at 3:40 AM
Thatsvhow I am with daily things but most of these are important and HAVE to get done/taken care of so there's no way to talk myself out of it... Which is one reason why for the second night this week I'm pulling an all nighter :/

Quoting Anonymous: Everyday I have a large to do list and everyday I tell myself I will get it done. It never does
supergasper
by Gold Member on Jun. 12, 2014 at 3:45 AM

I have a ton of stuff to do too, and I don't even have a list.  You can take comfort in the fact that you're way ahead of me.  Take it one thing at a time, starting with the most important and time sensitive.  Anyone who can help you complete some of these tasks?

want10more
by Gold Member on Jun. 12, 2014 at 3:54 AM

oh girl, i am SO right there! we are remodeling and i have 6 kids. and i just can't get ahead of ANYTHING! I make my list in the morning and i swear no matter how fast i go, i get only about half way through it!

want10more
by Gold Member on Jun. 12, 2014 at 3:57 AM

ack do NOT do the all nighter.... i've tried that and sheeeeesh! you still gotta be a mom in the morning! that just drains ya too much, and then you're all dead for the next few days. but i must admit i can wayyyy toooooo readily realize why you want to. not nuff hours in the day is there?

Quoting Anonymous: Thatsvhow I am with daily things but most of these are important and HAVE to get done/taken care of so there's no way to talk myself out of it... Which is one reason why for the second night this week I'm pulling an all nighter :/
Quoting Anonymous: Everyday I have a large to do list and everyday I tell myself I will get it done. It never does

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 12, 2014 at 4:05 AM
I've been going by my calendar as to what needs to get done first, like deep cleaning has to be done first, prepping for court as far as paperwork has to be done by a certain date, party prep a certain date, etc.
Something's are domino effect type things like I have to complete task a before task b even though task b is technically more important... If that makes sense? Sleep deprived brain + no coffee makes things make sense in my head then when written or said sound stupid as heck haha
Dh is going to help out this weekend and take care of some of the outside things and while he's doing it take the kids and dogs out with him so I can run the carpet cleaner, steam mop, etc without worrying someone will come run across it (hard to use a carpet cleaner while they're asleep since I need to do their rooms lol) but otherwise its basically just me and the kids :/

Quoting supergasper:

I have a ton of stuff to do too, and I don't even have a list.  You can take comfort in the fact that you're way ahead of me.  Take it one thing at a time, starting with the most important and time sensitive.  Anyone who can help you complete some of these tasks?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 12, 2014 at 4:05 AM
Lol! I feel like its nonstop lately :/

Quoting Sassy762:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 12, 2014 at 4:06 AM
Oh wow. I only have 3 lol. I'm terrified of when we start big projects how well make it work!

Quoting want10more:

oh girl, i am SO right there! we are remodeling and i have 6 kids. and i just can't get ahead of ANYTHING! I make my list in the morning and i swear no matter how fast i go, i get only about half way through it!

Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on Jun. 12, 2014 at 4:07 AM

I always make a big "To Do List' everynight and then run around the next day.....all day long, trying to get everything done

Quoting Anonymous: Lol! I feel like its nonstop lately :/
Quoting Sassy762:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)