Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My Retail Confession: Sometimes I Purposefully Decline Food Stamp Sales

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 756 Replies
10 moms liked this

Our registers have separate buttons you push for a gift card and a debit/ebt/credit card.

Debit/ebt/credit are all one button. Gift card is by itself on a different button.

Before we started taking food stamps I accidentally discovered that if you hit "Gift card" on the register and the person swipes a credit card, it will decline the sale because the register thinks you are trying to use a gift card with no money left on it.

So I decided to see if it would do that when someone tried to use their food stamps too and sure enough, it does. I then let that sale go through as normal by pressing the right button.

My confession is sometimes, if a person is buying pure junk and no actual food, I press the gift card button so that it declines their food stamps. I then play it off as if they must not have money on their card or our system is down/the EBT system is declining it, not ours.

Yesterday I had a woman come through with 3 small kids. They were buying a very large bag of Sour Patch Kids candy, suckers, m&ms, and pop. Damn sure I declined that sale because who needs that junk? Especially not on the taxpayers dollars.

Bash away. Btw this post is totally a troll post and I don't really do this lmao.

Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 12, 2014 at 11:48 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Nicoleb9
by Emerald Member on Jun. 12, 2014 at 11:49 AM
11 moms liked this

Mobile Photo

Obligatory
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
nickysmom71
by Gold Member on Jun. 12, 2014 at 11:50 AM
130 moms liked this

Ummm yeah - who the fuck are you to decide that? If I knew who u were and where you worked I'd have you fired...and no, I am not on food stamps at all, ever.  How do you know it wasn't for a Birthday or a special treat of some kind????

oryxx31
by Silver Member on Jun. 12, 2014 at 11:50 AM
9 moms liked this
Troll. If not, you suck. Like, a lot.
bellaamore
by Gold Member on Jun. 12, 2014 at 11:51 AM
17 moms liked this

Perhaps, like me, she was shocking up on the ONLy junk her kids get for a very long time.

I always ask for a.manager if anything I know has money is declined. And definitely before three tries, as all cards freeze from transactions declined three times. So, your trick wouldn't work on me. 

Plus, I used to be a cashier. I know how that junk works.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jun. 12, 2014 at 11:51 AM
7 moms liked this
lol at a customer with food stamps getting anyone fired.

Quoting nickysmom71:

Ummm yeah - who the fuck are you to decide that? If I knew who u were and where you worked I'd have you fired...and no, I am not on food stamps at all, ever.  How do you know it wasn't for a Birthday or a special treat of some kind????

mommieof38829
by Platinum Member on Jun. 12, 2014 at 11:52 AM
3 moms liked this
Then the woman should have had a manager come over to see what the problem was
B1Bomber
by Platinum Member on Jun. 12, 2014 at 11:52 AM
6 moms liked this

That could cost you your job.

momofsixangels
by Bronze Member on Jun. 12, 2014 at 11:53 AM
5 moms liked this

That is so messed up.Its not your decision what someone buys.Karma will get you

mommieof38829
by Platinum Member on Jun. 12, 2014 at 11:53 AM
25 moms liked this
So someone with fs can't get someone fired?? Lmfao that's cute

Quoting Anonymous: lol at a customer with food stamps getting anyone fired.

Quoting nickysmom71:

thenameshailie
by Ruby Member on Jun. 12, 2014 at 11:53 AM
49 moms liked this
How miserable can you be if you try to ruin a strangers day for no reason.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)