Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Tornados! (Pictures included)

Posted by on Jun. 12, 2014 at 12:47 PM
  • 50 Replies

Mobile Photo

Mobile Photo

Mobile Photo

Mobile Photo

Mobile Photo

Mobile Photo

Mobile Photo

Mobile Photo

Mobile Photo

Mobile Photo

So we had some tornados come through my town last night, but the crazy thing is that we did not have any kind of warnings at all! We were under thunderstorm warnings, but that is it . No tornado warnings and not even a tornado watch. So for those that I have seen ask on here before why people get caught in tornados and do not get in a safe place, the reason is because they can happen so quickly without any warning at all! Thankfully I have not heard of anybody being seriously hurt at all. At my house the tornado did not actually touch down, we just had high winds off if it and hail and lightning. We had a tree struck by lightning that fell down as well as many other big tree limbs falling but that was it for us. My cousins live next door and a huge tree fell on their trampoline and my brother lives next door and he had a storage shed that was destroyed but that is it. Some people had more damage than we did though, especially where the tornado would actually touch down. The first two pics are of tree at our house, the third pic is the tree on my cousins trampoline, and the 4th pic is what was at one time my brother's shed. The rest I just got from Facebook.
by on Jun. 12, 2014 at 12:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
gcstar42
by Gold Member on Jun. 12, 2014 at 12:54 PM
Bump
rhope4
by Gold Member on Jun. 12, 2014 at 12:59 PM
Was this in San Angelo, Texas? My son lives there and spotted a wall cloud last night. He said the roof peeled some and a fence was knocked down. Other fb reports of damage were worse.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lacyleanne
by Platinum Member on Jun. 12, 2014 at 1:00 PM
Oh my goodness. We just moved from there. I hope my friends are ok. Any tragedies?
armywifey1983
by Gold Member on Jun. 12, 2014 at 1:01 PM

We had a tornado watch here in Western PA yesterday, and a storm that hit us produced a tornado in the county east of us (I don't think it touched down, but there was a Warning). I'm glad that (as far as you've heard) there haven't really been any injuries, but I'm sorry about the damage to your trees. After living in Kansas, the words 'tornado watch' scare the living bajeebus out of me. I know full well that powerful storms can happen at a moments notice.

gcstar42
by Gold Member on Jun. 12, 2014 at 1:01 PM
Yes ma'am it is actually! I live in the Geape Creek Area. It was so crazy because there were no warnings or even watches! Was he okay? So far I have not heard of any serious injuries.

Quoting rhope4: Was this in San Angelo, Texas? My son lives there and spotted a wall cloud last night. He said the roof peeled some and a fence was knocked down. Other fb reports of damage were worse.
lacyleanne
by Platinum Member on Jun. 12, 2014 at 1:02 PM
1 mom liked this
Oops just saw that you aid no one was hurt. That's good.

Quoting lacyleanne: Oh my goodness. We just moved from there. I hope my friends are ok. Any tragedies?
gcstar42
by Gold Member on Jun. 12, 2014 at 1:04 PM
So far I have not heard of any serious injuries. Tons of trees down everywhere (probably because they are so dry from the drought) and many buildings damaged but thankfully that seems to be the worst of it.

Quoting lacyleanne: Oh my goodness. We just moved from there. I hope my friends are ok. Any tragedies?
rhope4
by Gold Member on Jun. 12, 2014 at 1:09 PM
Everyone is fine. My son lives in a group home due to autism, and when he saw that cloud, he alerted staff and got everyone in the hall. He was pretty proud of himself, and I agreed with him! I live in Brady, and most of the punch was gone by the time it hit here. Calvin said he had never seen anything like that!

Quoting gcstar42: Yes ma'am it is actually! I live in the Geape Creek Area. It was so crazy because there were no warnings or even watches! Was he okay? So far I have not heard of any serious injuries.

Quoting rhope4: Was this in San Angelo, Texas? My son lives there and spotted a wall cloud last night. He said the roof peeled some and a fence was knocked down. Other fb reports of damage were worse.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
gcstar42
by Gold Member on Jun. 12, 2014 at 1:10 PM
I think trees were coming down so easily because they are so dry (we have been in a very bad drought) and they just couldn't tolerate the high winds. We has be been under tornado watches plenty of times but have rarely had tornados here, this time we weren't even under a watch at all and got one! And I have always known they can happen quickly but in the past when there have been reports of people getting hurt from tornados in other places I have seen people here on cafemom say that people should have taken cover sooner and been smarter about the storm and things like that, lol. They obviously do not live in an area where tornados ever happen!

Quoting armywifey1983:

We had a tornado watch here in Western PA yesterday, and a storm that hit us produced a tornado in the county east of us (I don't think it touched down, but there was a Warning). I'm glad that (as far as you've heard) there haven't really been any injuries, but I'm sorry about the damage to your trees. After living in Kansas, the words 'tornado watch' scare the living bajeebus out of me. I know full well that powerful storms can happen at a moments notice.

zacmacsmomm
by Gold Member on Jun. 12, 2014 at 1:10 PM

Yea, it's a BAD tornado season!!  I'm in Colorado and we've had over a dozen so far this year!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)