Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Do you and your family watch the World Cup?

Posted by   + Show Post

Poll

Question: Do you and your family watch the World Cup?

Options:

Yes

No

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 105

View Results

by on Jun. 12, 2014 at 12:56 PM
Replies (81-90):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Jun. 17, 2014 at 10:52 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting momto2boys973: Jorge Campos? Best goalkeeper Mexico ever had, IMHO. Not that I'm a soccer expert :)
Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting momto2boys973: My boys will probably watch today, since Mexico is playing against Brazil. It's going to be a sad day around here since Mexico will probably get flattened, lol. But there's always hope! BTW, did U.S win yesterday? I watched half way through.

Yes, they won. Too bad, I was going for Ghana.

Mexico may lose but they always play a good game. Brazil is just too strong plus they have the home advantage.

I miss el chapulin... Remember him?

One and the same.

He had great colorful outfits, lots of personality and a catchy and fitting nickname.

Oh yeah, he was a fantastic goalkeeper too. :-)

Zengirl79
by Silver Member on Jun. 17, 2014 at 1:06 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Zengirl79:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting JalynSpoon:

Never say never.. I am not saying they will win this year or within the next few years, but they will win one day. We might not be here for it, but hey.. haha.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting JalynSpoon:

USA. USA. USA!

I am wanting the USA to win, of course. But I am sure they won't because the best player was cut from the team. (Boooo at the Coach.)

I do not want Brazil to win. But I am pulling for Croatia, France, & USA.. If they all drop out, not sure what I'll do yet.

I love watching soccer. My boyfriend & I go all the time to local games & watch it on TV.

My English League I follow is Southampton FC! 

The US will never win the World Cup, no matter whether the "best" player is cut or not they just don't have it in them.

I am rooting for the Latin American teams, but as long as the Europeans don't win I will be happy- 

playing soccer

Many other countries live and breathe soccer, not the US.

It's just not in their blood. I don't see it happening for them, ever...

Plus they can always excell at their "football".

Don't be so sure of that.  I was in Jacksonville for the USA vs. Nigeria game right before World Cup and the stands were filled.  Over 50K.

Many people may attend, but that doesn't mean the US will ever win the World Cup.

They are just not at that level, as they will soon find out.

I agree with you.  They won't win THIS World Cup.  Personally, I am cheering for Argentina (they are in a good group)...but I have a feeling it might be Belgium this year.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Jun. 17, 2014 at 5:31 PM

Quoting momto2boys973: My boys will probably watch today, since Mexico is playing against Brazil. It's going to be a sad day around here since Mexico will probably get flattened, lol. But there's always hope! BTW, did U.S win yesterday? I watched half way through.

A tie was a victory of sorts for Mexico, and Ochoa is the star of the day.

Yay!

Alliemad_003
by Bronze Member on Jun. 17, 2014 at 5:39 PM
Heck yes! We've watched most of the games so far. We love soccer.
momto2boys973
by Ruby Member on Jun. 17, 2014 at 6:46 PM

Agree! I was telling my boys that during the match. That guy is good!

I never expected that result. Go Mexico!

way to go

Quoting Anonymous:

Yay!

cybcm
by Platinum Member on Jun. 17, 2014 at 6:47 PM
My 14yr old daughter has developed quite an interest in the Italian team.

I doubt it's due to their sporting ability.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Jun. 17, 2014 at 7:06 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting momto2boys973:

Agree! I was telling my boys that during the match. That guy is good!

I never expected that result. Go Mexico!

way to go

Quoting Anonymous:

Yay!

Guapo too. big smile mini

Gooo Mexico!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Jun. 17, 2014 at 7:09 PM

Quoting cybcm: My 14yr old daughter has developed quite an interest in the Italian team. I doubt it's due to their sporting ability.

That's an added benefit to the World Cup, lots of very fit men in their prime. 

Soccer can be a beautiful game as well of course.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Jun. 22, 2014 at 11:08 PM

bump

Anyone see today's game?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Jun. 23, 2014 at 9:34 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting Zengirl79:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Zengirl79:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting JalynSpoon:

Never say never.. I am not saying they will win this year or within the next few years, but they will win one day. We might not be here for it, but hey.. haha.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting JalynSpoon:

USA. USA. USA!

I am wanting the USA to win, of course. But I am sure they won't because the best player was cut from the team. (Boooo at the Coach.)

I do not want Brazil to win. But I am pulling for Croatia, France, & USA.. If they all drop out, not sure what I'll do yet.

I love watching soccer. My boyfriend & I go all the time to local games & watch it on TV.

My English League I follow is Southampton FC! 

The US will never win the World Cup, no matter whether the "best" player is cut or not they just don't have it in them.

I am rooting for the Latin American teams, but as long as the Europeans don't win I will be happy- 

playing soccer

Many other countries live and breathe soccer, not the US.

It's just not in their blood. I don't see it happening for them, ever...

Plus they can always excell at their "football".

Don't be so sure of that.  I was in Jacksonville for the USA vs. Nigeria game right before World Cup and the stands were filled.  Over 50K.

Many people may attend, but that doesn't mean the US will ever win the World Cup.

They are just not at that level, as they will soon find out.

I agree with you.  They won't win THIS World Cup.  Personally, I am cheering for Argentina (they are in a good group)...but I have a feeling it might be Belgium this year.

Exciting game yesterday. The US did better than expected.

I think Portugal relies too much on Ronaldo. He rubs me the wrong way and I think they could use some new blood.

From what I´ve seen Argentina's team doesn't measure up this time, nor does Brazil's. You may be right about Belgium zengirl, but Holland and France and Germany are all strong too.

I am looking forward to seeing more of the Latin American teams and have especially enjoyed Chile,Costa Rica, Colombia and Mexico.

One assistant referee was sent home for bad calls against Mexico that denied them two goals. I really don't see why there are still issues with bad referees, how hard can it be to find good ones?

We shall see how this plays out...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)