Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

No I will not share this with you and your new wife

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
A little backstory... My ex dh left me for another woman. We have three kids together and so does this lady. They got married 5 months after the divorce (only after knowing each other 8 months). He's treated our kids like shit (stopped coming to get them, never calling them etc..) He has been very nasty to me in the past, mostly because I wouldn't sleep with him AFTER the divorce. Things are better now and we kind of get along.

So he calls me the other day and asks me for one of my recipes. It was his favorite thing I make and one of my family's recipes that I got from my grandmother. He says he wants to make it for his new wife and her kids because he thinks they'll love it. I said no way. That's my family's recipe and he can google a similar one. He told me to stop being a snarky bitch.

What do you think? Should I have shared it? I know it's just a recipe but it's the principal of it. Why should I share it with him? I know this sounds silly, but I'm still hurt about the whole situation.

Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 12, 2014 at 1:15 PM
Replies (21-30):
mlg1989
by ZombieMegg on Jun. 12, 2014 at 1:21 PM
1 mom liked this
Meh. It's kinda petty to be honest.

Just give him the recipe and change it slightly so it's kinda the same but not her exact recipe.
Nicoleb9
by Emerald Member on Jun. 12, 2014 at 1:22 PM
3 moms liked this
No way! I doubt one recipe is the pinnacle of her kids' well-being.

Quoting Anonymous: I would give it to him. Seriously, pick your battles and take the high road for the sake of your children.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jun. 12, 2014 at 1:22 PM
3 moms liked this
What's awesome is that she doesn't cook!!! I'm friends with her ex and he says her cooking is horrible!!

Quoting RavenOlson:

Pffffft, no. Make him deal with his wife's dishes, thats what he chose. 

Diamepphyre
by Ruby Member on Jun. 12, 2014 at 1:24 PM
Nope. I wouldn't share it either. At least, not as-is.
RavenOlson
by Member on Jun. 12, 2014 at 1:24 PM
2 moms liked this

Well that's even more awesome! Sorry, I think he deserves it, Hope he has fun with the shitty tasting dinner for the upcoming years! 

Quoting Anonymous: What's awesome is that she doesn't cook!!! I'm friends with her ex and he says her cooking is horrible!!
Quoting RavenOlson:

Pffffft, no. Make him deal with his wife's dishes, thats what he chose. 

Pink.Frosting
by Ruby Member on Jun. 12, 2014 at 1:25 PM
3 moms liked this

Every woman has the right to not share her recipes if she chooses.

virgoj3
by Bronze Member on Jun. 12, 2014 at 1:25 PM

hell to the no!

zacmacsmomm
by Gold Member on Jun. 12, 2014 at 1:26 PM

In that instance I would be petty and not share either lol

bellaamore
by Gold Member on Jun. 12, 2014 at 1:26 PM
1 mom liked this

It depends. Is it like super special in your family?

I would've shared it. There are very few recipes I won't share, and that's only in regards to certain people.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Jun. 12, 2014 at 1:26 PM
You're right, it's not... but it's also not worth starting a fight over

Quoting Nicoleb9: No way! I doubt one recipe is the pinnacle of her kids' well-being.

Quoting Anonymous: I would give it to him. Seriously, pick your battles and take the high road for the sake of your children.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)