Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I'm pregnant and all I want to eat is junk!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 32 Replies

I am normally a very healthy eater but I am currently pregnant and all I want to eat is junk - bread, cake, cookies, lemonade, dried fruit (especially peaches, but I am not sure that is really junk).  Any suggestions on how to force down some healthy foods?  I just really don't want them....

Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 12, 2014 at 1:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Kaybean
by Ruby Member on Jun. 12, 2014 at 1:26 PM
How far along are you? I have always been told that in the beginning, like the first 14 weeks, to just eat what sounds appealing and whar your body wants. Obviously you should try to eat as healthy as you can though. My suggestion would be to just makw yourself. Cut up an apple for example and make a deal with yourself that if you eat it, you get a cookie, lol.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jun. 12, 2014 at 1:28 PM

Maybe a mix of junk/healthy?  Like homebaked pies, cookies from scratch, pita chips and hummus....stuff like that?

Momniscient
by Ruby Member on Jun. 12, 2014 at 1:29 PM
Ugh: I'm in my fort trimester too and I just go with it cause I feel awful. I don't do anything greasy, all my bread is whole grain and I try to eat healthy options but my healthy diet is out for now.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jun. 12, 2014 at 1:35 PM

LOL I am 15 1/2 weeks.  I could eat a bunch of dried apple rings.  Does that count for the cookie? 

Quoting Kaybean: How far along are you? I have always been told that in the beginning, like the first 14 weeks, to just eat what sounds appealing and whar your body wants. Obviously you should try to eat as healthy as you can though. My suggestion would be to just makw yourself. Cut up an apple for example and make a deal with yourself that if you eat it, you get a cookie, lol.

BCauseImAwesome
by Silver Member on Jun. 12, 2014 at 1:36 PM

Dont know what to tell you. I am 25 weeks and mowing on a tunamelt loaded with butter right now. MMMMMMMMmmmmmm

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jun. 12, 2014 at 1:37 PM

I often bake myself.  Does that mean I'm eating healthy?  LOL If I make a bowl of frosting right now can I just sit here eating it by the spoonful? good

Quoting Anonymous:

Maybe a mix of junk/healthy?  Like homebaked pies, cookies from scratch, pita chips and hummus....stuff like that?

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jun. 12, 2014 at 1:39 PM

I am loving the greasy right now!  Sorry you aren't feeling well.

Quoting Momniscient: Ugh: I'm in my fort trimester too and I just go with it cause I feel awful. I don't do anything greasy, all my bread is whole grain and I try to eat healthy options but my healthy diet is out for now.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jun. 12, 2014 at 1:41 PM

I completely understand the heavy greasy foods, but anything with protein in it is just completely unpalatable to me right now except for tamari almonds.  And that's probably because they have more fat than protein!  

Quoting BCauseImAwesome:

Dont know what to tell you. I am 25 weeks and mowing on a tunamelt loaded with butter right now. MMMMMMMMmmmmmm

winkyloafed
by jesus is a biscuit on Jun. 12, 2014 at 1:42 PM
That was my entire pregnancy. Healthy foods made me sick and pizza was all I could stomach.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jun. 12, 2014 at 1:44 PM

As long as you're not gaining too much weight and your OB says you're healthy, eat what you want while pregnant.  I had such horrible morning/afternoon/evening sickness that hardly anything stayed down anyway.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)