Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

presentation

Posted by on Jun. 12, 2014 at 1:53 PM
  • 23 Replies

so i'm invited to a wedding this summer.

my boyfriend is one of the groomsmen. it's out of town, so we have to pay for accomodations, plus two extra nights so bf can help with set up and take down.

the wedding is a backyard wedding, super casual and the bride has even told me they are making all of their own food for the dinner. it is a dry wedding.

..we got the invite last week and it's "presentation!" 

i'm flabbergasted. lol 

now i don't know what a reasonable amount would be to "present" with..any ideas?

by on Jun. 12, 2014 at 1:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
wise.toes
by Silver Member on Jun. 12, 2014 at 1:54 PM

and the wedding shower has already happened to which i was not invited to. 

wise.toes
by Silver Member on Jun. 12, 2014 at 2:07 PM

BUMP!

CorpCityGrl
by Platinum Member on Jun. 12, 2014 at 2:08 PM

What exactly does "presentation" mean?

wise.toes
by Silver Member on Jun. 12, 2014 at 2:09 PM

its a nice way of saying they want cash instead of gifts.

Quoting CorpCityGrl:

Punchyobuns
by on Jun. 12, 2014 at 2:09 PM
I think I'm missing something.
olliesmommy2
by Metal Awareness on Jun. 12, 2014 at 2:09 PM
No clue what that means
CorpCityGrl
by Platinum Member on Jun. 12, 2014 at 2:10 PM

Oh that's tacky to put in a wedding invite.

It's up to you. How much you give depends on where you are located and what the average is. I'm from NYC/Long Island so for us, the minimum is about $150

Quoting wise.toes:

its a nice way of saying they want cash instead of gifts.

Quoting CorpCityGrl:

Seagodess
by Ruby Member on Jun. 12, 2014 at 2:11 PM

Give them a card. I think its crappy that you guys have to pay 2 extra nights at a hotel just to help them set up and take down things for THEIR wedding.

wise.toes
by Silver Member on Jun. 12, 2014 at 2:15 PM

we're okay with the extra time. treat it as a bit of a vacay, but i think it's tacky they're asking us for money on TOP of all that. i've also offered to help out, even though i've only met the couple like 3 or 4 times. 

i mean if it was an extravagant wedding with open bar i could understand asking presentation. but it's a pretty low budget wedding.

Quoting Seagodess:

Give them a card. I think its crappy that you guys have to pay 2 extra nights at a hotel just to help them set up and take down things for THEIR wedding.

Seagodess
by Ruby Member on Jun. 12, 2014 at 2:16 PM
1 mom liked this

Its just rude to put anything about gifts in an invite. Since you are doing so much to help out, honestly I would get them a card and maybe a nice picture frame or something.

Quoting wise.toes:

we're okay with the extra time. treat it as a bit of a vacay, but i think it's tacky they're asking us for money on TOP of all that. i've also offered to help out, even though i've only met the couple like 3 or 4 times. 

i mean if it was an extravagant wedding with open bar i could understand asking presentation. but it's a pretty low budget wedding.

Quoting Seagodess:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)