Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

8k summer trip

Posted by on Jun. 12, 2014 at 2:33 PM
  • 58 Replies
If you could afford spending 8k on your husband's summer trip would you do it?
If your friend did would you think "it must be nice to waste money like that"?
by on Jun. 12, 2014 at 2:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Lilith23
by Platinum Member on Jun. 12, 2014 at 2:36 PM
Answers!! One needs answers!!
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jun. 12, 2014 at 2:37 PM
I don't understand, is it a family vacation or just your husband going off with his friends? I would absolutely spend that (and more) on a family trip, but if it's just a bunch of stinky "boys" they can go the budget route unless your annual vacation allotment is 50k or more!!
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jun. 12, 2014 at 2:38 PM
Sure I guess. If that's what he wanted to do. I think it's odd that my husband would have his own trip though. He has never indicated he wanted to go on a summer trip alone other than the one time he went on a weekend fishing trip. That trip was only about $700 though.
JDmommyJD
by ♥Awesome Sauce♥ on Jun. 12, 2014 at 2:38 PM

like...on him to go on vacay without me, or the family? Uhhh yea no.. 8k would be too much for a single trip. WHo does that?

if someone else did, I would think nothing of it. Their money, their life. Unless of course I knew that were not well off, then I would just think they are stupid.

mcginnisc
by Platinum Member on Jun. 12, 2014 at 2:38 PM

Dh does not go on solo trips unless it is for work, so no...we would not drop 8K on a solo trip for one of us. Our next family trip will be between $15K-$20K and will be for 4 people. I would certainly not judge anyone for doing it though...we just prefer family trips over solo trips. 

Claire

" I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13 

Lilith23
by Platinum Member on Jun. 12, 2014 at 2:39 PM
It's a guy's trip. Just him and his mates.

Quoting Anonymous: I don't understand, is it a family vacation or just your husband going off with his friends? I would absolutely spend that (and more) on a family trip, but if it's just a bunch of stinky "boys" they can go the budget route unless your annual vacation allotment is 50k or more!!
cateringtomel
by Anna_Elijah on Jun. 12, 2014 at 2:40 PM
We've had on our honeymoon and when we stayed at San Fran for about 2 almost 3 weeks.. If DH Spent that alone I guess it would depend on the type of trip and how long
two4one
by Platinum Member on Jun. 12, 2014 at 2:40 PM

If you have the money to do it, I never see it as a waste. PEople who say things are a waste often say that because they wish they could have money to do things like that.

wise.toes
by Silver Member on Jun. 12, 2014 at 2:40 PM

on a family trip? sure. 

not just for SO though. i can't fathom him ever wanting to do something that expensive by himself though.

Lilith23
by Platinum Member on Jun. 12, 2014 at 2:40 PM
Just him and his friends. World Cup fever lol

Quoting JDmommyJD:

like...on him to go on vacay without me, or the family? Uhhh yea no.. 8k would be too much for a single trip. WHo does that?

if someone else did, I would think nothing of it. Their money, their life. Unless of course I knew that were not well off, then I would just think they are stupid.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)