Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

help me manage this

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 65 Replies
I am a sahm for reasons I won't disclose.
My dh brings home $2800 a month after taxes.

Our bills:
Rent-$750
Electric-$170
Kidcare-$20
Cells-$ 185
Car insurance- $160
Water-$ 75 ( i know high and I don't know why it so high this month)
Internet-$75
Truck-$200
Directv-$50
that leaves $1115, seems like a lot I know
then add
gas $150 ( dh to get back and forth to work) $600 a month. That leaves $515 left. Before food. And we are struggling to get food. I try to keep it under $100 a week. But not always possible.

The only thing that can be cut is direct tv. Phones needed, internet needed I have a high schoolers and a middle schooler.
I try to not go anywhere if I don't have too.

Every week we are pinching pennies just to get by. Like now we have NO food in the house.
The gas dh uses there isn't any way to work around it. He drives 2 hours to work. If we moved it would be to a higher cost of living area and our rent wouldn't be this cheap and we'd be worse off than now probably double what we pay now because I looked into it.

Getting a job for me is out of the question and because of the bitches of mc I won't elaborate any further on that subject

What can I do. We are stuck under contract with our cells and direct tv.

Help if you can. We don't qualify for pa..
Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 12, 2014 at 2:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Chibee
by on Jun. 12, 2014 at 2:37 PM

watch some daycare kids, tell your high schooler to start chipping in for internet expenses, start growing some of your food...

thenameshailie
by Ruby Member on Jun. 12, 2014 at 2:37 PM
3 moms liked this

Your dh spends $600 a month on gas? Easy, he needs to get a different car.

caustinb
by Gold Member on Jun. 12, 2014 at 2:37 PM

Shop for car insurance. Can you work from home? 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 12, 2014 at 2:38 PM

why do you need kidcare? you stay home.. watch your own kids..

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 12, 2014 at 2:39 PM
He has to have a truck because of the work he does. This one is a 6 cylinder. We already got rid of the f250 because it was $200 a week.

Quoting thenameshailie:

Your dh spends $600 a month on gas? Easy, he needs to get a different car.

Punchyobuns
by on Jun. 12, 2014 at 2:39 PM
Get rid of the cable and the internet if you have smart phones.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 12, 2014 at 2:39 PM
Sorry most don't know what kidcare is. It is florda kidcare . Medical insurance.

Quoting Anonymous:

why do you need kidcare? you stay home.. watch your own kids..

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 12, 2014 at 2:41 PM
My dd has stuff that can't be done on my smart phone. She needs the internet. I don't even use it my dd does for school work mainly m

Quoting Punchyobuns: Get rid of the cable and the internet if you have smart phones.
Punchyobuns
by on Jun. 12, 2014 at 2:43 PM
1 mom liked this
I see that you're shooting down everyone's suggestions so I'm not going to make any others.

Quoting Anonymous: My dd has stuff that can't be done on my smart phone. She needs the internet. I don't even use it my dd does for school work mainly m

Quoting Punchyobuns: Get rid of the cable and the internet if you have smart phones.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 12, 2014 at 2:46 PM
Suggestions. The only suggestions was to cut internet which I already said in my post can't go we need it for my kids. I didn't say I wouldn't cut the direct tv.

Quoting Punchyobuns: I see that you're shooting down everyone's suggestions so I'm not going to make any others.

Quoting Anonymous: My dd has stuff that can't be done on my smart phone. She needs the internet. I don't even use it my dd does for school work mainly m

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)