Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

He called my kid a b****

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 19 Replies
Last night, kiddo wanted to stay the night with her friend. Ok, cool. She packs up and heads over. An hour or so later, she comes back, her friend helping her carry her stuff. They are both not happy. Thinking they had a fight, I ask what's wrong. Dd told me her friend's mom had a friend over, a young guy, and that friend was picking on them. When dd yelled at him to give her shoes back, which he had taken and I guess put on, he threw them and called her a "queen bitch". The girls go back to get a couple things that dd left. Mil calls in and says I need to get out there because they are outside getting onto the girls. Mil says she could hear this kid yelling. When I got out there, they aren't yelling, but friend's mom tries to head me off. I just say first, you don't call my kid a bitch. She acted like she didn't hear him say that, but I believe my kid. They try to play it off like he said it but wasn't directed at dd. Dh comes over and kid (21 y/o guy) disappears into the house. We aren't being loud or anything, talking calmly believe it or not, but dh tells her that if dude comes out and gives apology, we're cool. He comes out a few minutes later and apologizes to dh, dd and me and we talk to friend's mom a little. This guy might be moving in with her for a while. Idc who she has living with her, but I really don't want dd hanging out with this guy. Did I mention, this is the neighbor who babysits for me?
Later, dd told me that when I came over, they were getting onto them for coming over without someone watching or walking with them. Uh, they walk alone all the time. Dd is 9 and they live next door. I just told dd that she is always allowed to come home from over there. Ugh, I might be finding a new sitter and that sucks this time of year. Not to mention how convenient it is for everyone. :/ I just don't feel comfortable with dd being around someone who is going to call her names like that the first time she meets them.
Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 12, 2014 at 2:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
DW030714
by Silver Member on Jun. 12, 2014 at 2:45 PM

Cmgmqmmom
by Sass Queen on Jun. 12, 2014 at 2:46 PM

Incomprehensible.

Thelmama
by Ruby Member on Jun. 12, 2014 at 2:49 PM

I would not be letting my dd be watched by them. It might end up him being the one that watches them. He does not sound like a good choice to watch kids in any form or fashion.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jun. 12, 2014 at 2:51 PM
Agree. She was telling us what a standup guy he is. Could have fooled me. :/

Quoting Thelmama:

I would not be letting my dd be watched by them. It might end up him being the one that watches them. He does not sound like a good choice to watch kids in any form or fashion.

Thelmama
by Ruby Member on Jun. 12, 2014 at 2:54 PM

You got that right. A stand up guy doesn't throw shoes at a kid and call her the B word.  Not my definition of a stand up guy. More like a creep that is rude, crude and socially unacceptable.

Quoting Anonymous: Agree. She was telling us what a standup guy he is. Could have fooled me. :/
Quoting Thelmama:

Toonkasmommy
by Platinum Member on Jun. 12, 2014 at 2:54 PM
1 mom liked this
Lol this.

Quoting DW030714:

jabs54
by Bronze Member on Jun. 12, 2014 at 2:55 PM

Doesn't sound like a good situation.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jun. 12, 2014 at 2:58 PM
He apologized, but it came off like a 10 year old being made to apologize and with a bunch of excuses. Dd doesn't want to go over there when he's there and I am 100% with her on that. Her friend can come over to our place, which is usually what happens anyway.

Quoting Thelmama:

You got that right. A stand up guy doesn't throw shoes at a kid and call her the B word.  Not my definition of a stand up guy. More like a creep that is rude, crude and socially unacceptable.

Quoting Anonymous: Agree. She was telling us what a standup guy he is. Could have fooled me. :/

Quoting Thelmama:

ecerka
by Platinum Member on Jun. 12, 2014 at 2:59 PM
I can't believe your husband was so calm.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jun. 12, 2014 at 3:04 PM
1 mom liked this
He usually is. If there's ever an issue with daycare, school or whatever I make him call because he will stay calm. I get so angry and irrational and feel like an idiot later lol. Thankfully, I can count those type of issues on one hand and have fingers left over.

Quoting ecerka: I can't believe your husband was so calm.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)