Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Peanut Allergies/Food Allergies

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 60 Replies

Your child should NOT be eating anything that did not come from your house while at school/daycare. Period. If they have an airborn allergy, they probably should be home schooled. 

Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 12, 2014 at 2:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jun. 12, 2014 at 2:42 PM
True airborne allergies don't exist.
Cmgmqmmom
by on Jun. 12, 2014 at 2:43 PM

They do exist, but they are beyond rare. It's well less than 1% of food allergies that are airborne.

Quoting Anonymous: True airborne allergies don't exist.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jun. 12, 2014 at 2:44 PM
1 mom liked this
But, at some point they have to get use to reading food labels and assessing food on their own. Mommy aNd daddy can't always send food with them. They have to learn about their own allergies and how to handle it.

Golden rule of food allergies: if there isn't a label and you aren't certain, don't eat it.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jun. 12, 2014 at 2:44 PM

bump

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jun. 12, 2014 at 2:45 PM
2 moms liked this

But children are jackasses and do things they should not.  I worked in a high school.  While walking up a staircase 3 students grabbed another student that they knew had allergies and shoved a candy bar in his mouth.  He almost died.  It is not as easy as controlling your own child when other people's children suck.  I am assuming because you are being such a bitch about this then your children are the kind that would do such things...

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jun. 12, 2014 at 2:45 PM
Psychosomatic reaction, but not anaphylactic.

Quoting Cmgmqmmom:

They do exist, but they are beyond rare. It's well less than 1% of food allergies that are airborne.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jun. 12, 2014 at 2:45 PM

Right. But that doesnt mean everyone around them should cater to their allergy. They need to be responsible for themselves. Peanut free schools are counter productive.

Quoting Anonymous: But, at some point they have to get use to reading food labels and assessing food on their own. Mommy aNd daddy can't always send food with them. They have to learn about their own allergies and how to handle it. Golden rule of food allergies: if there isn't a label and you aren't certain, don't eat it.

DW030714
by Silver Member on Jun. 12, 2014 at 2:46 PM

LOL lemme get right on that

ladyvamp5489
by Silver Member on Jun. 12, 2014 at 2:47 PM

I disagree, i have them, if i even get around open nuts or someone eating nuts in any form i have a reaction. I get blisters in my mouth and throat and itchy all over my face. I dont even have to touch them. I have to leave a store if they are baking with them.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jun. 12, 2014 at 2:47 PM

How am I being a bitch? If my child had a severe allergy I would not be putting them out into the world until they were old enough to know how to take care of it themselves. Putting them out there before they are ready and know how to deal with their allergy is dangerous and bad parenting.

Quoting Anonymous:

But children are jackasses and do things they should not.  I worked in a high school.  While walking up a staircase 3 students grabbed another student that they knew had allergies and shoved a candy bar in his mouth.  He almost died.  It is not as easy as controlling your own child when other people's children suck.  I am assuming because you are being such a bitch about this then your children are the kind that would do such things...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)