Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Could you deal with something like this?????

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 50 Replies
Be honest

Could you handle your first and only child being born the same day your mom died just nine years later?

How would you handle birthdays?
Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 12, 2014 at 9:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 12, 2014 at 9:52 PM

I could handle it and i would use it a day to celebrate my child's birthday until she was old enough to understand she shared it with my mom who had passed away.   As it is, she shares her birthday with my brother who is still alive.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 12, 2014 at 9:54 PM
What if the child might not ever be able to understand what death is?

Quoting Anonymous:

I could handle it and i would use it a day to celebrate my child's birthday until she was old enough to understand she shared it with my mom who had passed away.   As it is, she shares her birthday with my brother who is still alive.

corticosteroid
by Ruby Member on Jun. 12, 2014 at 9:56 PM
1 mom liked this

My middle child was born on the same day my father passed away.  We celebrate my daughter's birthday as her birthday ONLY.  We celebrate my father's life and passing on HIS birthday.  That's been working fine for us.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 12, 2014 at 9:58 PM

We would still keep it as a celebration of life or lives but not include her in the going to cemetary to put flowers.  I am pretty sure that is what mom would want.  I also know I would be sad about not having mom around.

kikibix
by Platinum Member on Jun. 12, 2014 at 9:59 PM
1 mom liked this

Life is for the living. I'd suck it up and make every birthday extra special. Especially knowing my Mom would be so upset if I ever ruined someones special day due to her passing.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 12, 2014 at 9:59 PM
I'm hoping one day I can do that. It's a battle everyday to be happy and not to cry.

Quoting corticosteroid:

My middle child was born on the same day my father passed away.  We celebrate my daughter's birthday as her birthday ONLY.  We celebrate my father's life and passing on HIS birthday.  That's been working fine for us.

Dzyre1115
by Desiree` on Jun. 12, 2014 at 10:00 PM
I don't harp on death...
RayneofTerror
by Silver Member on Jun. 12, 2014 at 10:01 PM

have you thought about seeing a grief councilor? they can be so very helpful. :) i'm sorry you are hurting. 

Quoting Anonymous: I'm hoping one day I can do that. It's a battle everyday to be happy and not to cry.
Quoting corticosteroid:

----------------------------------------------------------

i'm experiencing Deja Moo: The feeling that i've heard this bullplop before. 

twinmommy27
by Ruby Member on Jun. 12, 2014 at 10:01 PM
Yep.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 12, 2014 at 10:01 PM
I'm trying my best. He doesn't understand what death is or anything so it's a little easier I have always had smiley face ballon to represent her as her nick name was smiley as she always had a smile.

Quoting kikibix:

Life is for the living. I'd suck it up and make every birthday extra special. Especially knowing my Mom would be so upset if I ever ruined someones special day due to her passing.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN