Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Could you deal with something like this?????

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
Be honest

Could you handle your first and only child being born the same day your mom died just nine years later?

How would you handle birthdays?
Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 12, 2014 at 9:51 PM
Replies (11-20):
Cymbeline
by Gold Member on Jun. 12, 2014 at 10:01 PM

I don't remember deathdays.

I've lost loved ones, and can't remember a single day of death.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jun. 12, 2014 at 10:02 PM
I have and none are able to help or they just don't understand why after 14 years I still feel like I do. I can't even handle Mother's Day. Thank you

Quoting RayneofTerror:

have you thought about seeing a grief councilor? they can be so very helpful. :) i'm sorry you are hurting. 

Quoting Anonymous: I'm hoping one day I can do that. It's a battle everyday to be happy and not to cry.

Quoting corticosteroid:

My middle child was born on the same day my father passed away.  We celebrate my daughter's birthday as her birthday ONLY.  We celebrate my father's life and passing on HIS birthday.  That's been working fine for us.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jun. 12, 2014 at 10:03 PM
I wish I could do that but I remember date what day it was and time and how it all happened.

Quoting Cymbeline:

I don't remember deathdays.

I've lost loved ones, and can't remember a single day of death.

LAXmom21
by Ruby Member on Jun. 12, 2014 at 10:04 PM
Yes.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jun. 12, 2014 at 10:05 PM
Really????

RayneofTerror
by Silver Member on Jun. 12, 2014 at 10:05 PM

maybe a psychologist could be of help? you may need some medication to help you over the hump of depression. i take medication for my anxiety and it has made a world of difference from me. i sure wish i could give you a hug. every one grieves on their own timeline. maybe look for an online support group? 

Quoting Anonymous: I have and none are able to help or they just don't understand why after 14 years I still feel like I do. I can't even handle Mother's Day. Thank you
Quoting RayneofTerror:

have you thought about seeing a grief councilor? they can be so very helpful. :) i'm sorry you are hurting. 

Quoting Anonymous: I'm hoping one day I can do that. It's a battle everyday to be happy and not to cry.
Quoting corticosteroid:

My middle child was born on the same day my father passed away.  We celebrate my daughter's birthday as her birthday ONLY.  We celebrate my father's life and passing on HIS birthday.  That's been working fine for us.

----------------------------------------------------------

i'm experiencing Deja Moo: The feeling that i've heard this bullplop before. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jun. 12, 2014 at 10:05 PM

I could handle it.  I would celebrate the day as my child's birthday - why would I not?  I know what it's like to lose both of my parents and as a matter of fact, my father died on my birthday.  The world doesn't stop, you have to keep going.

-BluEydDvl-
by Silver Member on Jun. 12, 2014 at 10:06 PM
I know I wouldn't be able to deal with it.

My brother's birthday is the same day my grandpa died. It's a very bittersweet day.
donnag013
by Gold Member on Jun. 12, 2014 at 10:06 PM

I don't celebrate anniversaries of deaths. I prefer to celebrate the life, so if I think of them, I want it to be on their birthday

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jun. 12, 2014 at 10:08 PM
Yes really

Quoting Anonymous: Really????

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)