Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Could you deal with something like this?????

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
Be honest

Could you handle your first and only child being born the same day your mom died just nine years later?

How would you handle birthdays?
Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 12, 2014 at 9:51 PM
Replies (31-40):
jazzgirl205
by Bronze Member on Jun. 12, 2014 at 10:16 PM

My brother died suddenly in the Spring.  I was newly pregnant at the time and was not aware I was.  My baby was due Oct.25 but was overdue.  As the days went by,  I hoped and prayed she would not be born on my brothers b'day which was Nov. 2.  I felt that would be too weird.  She was born on Nov. 3.  If she was born on the same day, I would've learned to live with it.

faeriemom1972
by Ruby Member on Jun. 12, 2014 at 10:19 PM

I probably wouldn't tell my child the other significance of the date of their birth. Not until they were older anyway. For me personally, I don't think it would bother me. I can still quietly acknowledge the day and pay silent respects to my loved one.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 12, 2014 at 10:20 PM
I do believe in God and that she is in heaven, I've been trying to look at it as her gift to me to help the pain but it seems to make it harder as I should be happy but all I can do is relive the day of her passing. Ik she had a hand in picking him and making him the way he is as she knew I would fight for answers he has some health issues that doctors couldn't figure out till last year. Ik he has a part of her as he has given me looks and talked about things only I or her would know about. He has even talked about my dad that has also passed and things I did with my dad when I was you g. I pray every year that the pain will get better but so far no luck.

Quoting Anonymous:

sorry.... I dont see why that would bother anyone.  But maybe Im just more of an optimist than pessimist.

A child is a wonderful gift. 

Do you have a faith of any kind?  A belife in something greater?  Why not look at this as a gift FROM YOUR MOTHER.  She, where ever she is, probably knows that that particular day is hard for you and has tried to help ease that pain with a way to celebrate the day.  This child is part of her......... it has 1/4 her dna (in theory).  

Why not look at the good in life instead of focusing on the bad?????  Wouldnt she want that for you?  Dont you think that is a MUCH better way to honor her memory than to have a negative view of your own child's birthday???

Quoting Anonymous: Yes really

Quoting Anonymous: Really????

Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Jun. 12, 2014 at 10:20 PM

Oh goody, a person who thinks the same is hard to find. And yes, I do believe it is possible. He'll be wise beyond his years.

Quoting Anonymous: That's how I try to think of it because if I didn't have him I doubt I would be on here right now. I also believe she picked me as his mother due to his issues and she knew I would fight till I got the right answers. He has given me looks and talked about things only I or her would know.
Quoting Anonymous:

It would be the day of exchange of souls.

Mom-to-2kids
by Emerald Member on Jun. 12, 2014 at 10:21 PM
My daughter could have been born the same day my dad passed, 7 years later. I picked a couple days before, the last day I heard him say "I love you" was Feb 9, which is the day she was born
Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Jun. 12, 2014 at 10:22 PM

Maybe Im the odd one, but I kind of find it interesting, its almost llike she was saying Im still here.......kwim.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 12, 2014 at 10:22 PM
:) he will be as he is smart when it comes to learning things wish his common sense could be the same but hey I'll take whatever he gives me. He is a sweet heart and is always happy just like she was.

Quoting Anonymous:

Oh goody, a person who thinks the same is hard to find. And yes, I do believe it is possible. He'll be wise beyond his years.

Quoting Anonymous: That's how I try to think of it because if I didn't have him I doubt I would be on here right now. I also believe she picked me as his mother due to his issues and she knew I would fight till I got the right answers. He has given me looks and talked about things only I or her would know.

Quoting Anonymous:

It would be the day of exchange of souls.

Clubpenguin
by Silver Member on Jun. 12, 2014 at 10:22 PM

I would think of that as a gift from my mom. At the very least that she knows and is happy for you to have  this child to love when you feel sad 

Cmgmqmmom
by Ruby Member on Jun. 12, 2014 at 10:22 PM
My grandpa died on Christmas. We still celebrate, but the first Christmas he was gone was a little somber.

Death is a part of life. We don't dwell on death.
MeeshMom
by Silver Member on Jun. 12, 2014 at 10:23 PM

I would try to find it as a positive thing. Every time something dies , something new is born. I'd take it as a blessing.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN