Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Here is my whole religious - atheist controversial post

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 54 Replies

Hear me out. If there are in fact a billion other solar systems and galaxies and this is all proven and seen and what have you .. and we have yet to find more life out there .. 

How long before we decide that no life means there probably is a god? I am an agnostic. I wonder though, mainly I believe that if we searched many other galaxies and there just wasn't other life out there, it surely means we were created and there is a god. How long until we decide this? Just thinking.

Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 12, 2014 at 10:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jun. 12, 2014 at 10:21 PM

I hate getting myself worked up into these thinking patterns. They typically turn into a self destructive attitude and bad day or night.

alexsmomaubrys2
by Ruby Member on Jun. 12, 2014 at 10:22 PM
2 moms liked this

Define life....

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jun. 12, 2014 at 10:24 PM

Bump, no thoughts? I would have liked to hear from different people.

SuchAKillJoy
by Gold Member on Jun. 12, 2014 at 10:26 PM
This. Do you mean as in intelligent sentient life that equals or rivals humans? Animal life? Microorganisms?

Quoting alexsmomaubrys2:

Define life....

Missdameanor
by Not-a-felony on Jun. 12, 2014 at 10:27 PM
We haven't even explored our own galaxy fully yet. It would be a jump to assume there are no other life forms when we still know so little of the milky way.
SuchAKillJoy
by Gold Member on Jun. 12, 2014 at 10:30 PM
This is true but it is interesting to think of what kind of life forms could spring from different conditions.

Quoting Missdameanor: We haven't even explored our own galaxy fully yet. It would be a jump to assume there are no other life forms when we still know so little of the milky way.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jun. 12, 2014 at 10:30 PM

Intelligent life?

Quoting alexsmomaubrys2:

Define life....

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jun. 12, 2014 at 10:31 PM

Yes but that is part of my wondering. How long? How long before we just decide this is it? This is what it probably is. We see more and more of our galaxy every day I am sure. Just how long and far are we loooking? Will we ever even find it?

Quoting Missdameanor: We haven't even explored our own galaxy fully yet. It would be a jump to assume there are no other life forms when we still know so little of the milky way.

Missdameanor
by Not-a-felony on Jun. 12, 2014 at 10:32 PM
I agree :)

Quoting SuchAKillJoy: This is true but it is interesting to think of what kind of life forms could spring from different conditions.

handy0318
by Platinum Member on Jun. 12, 2014 at 10:32 PM

Considering that there are x(billion) of solar systems and each solar system has the potential of y(planets) and we would have to take the time to examine each planet for signs of life... it would x(billions) * y(planets) to search.

Speaking as a Christian... the bible says that it can't be done. 

However, I would also say that just because life might be found on other planets, that is no reason to disbelieve God. Since God is infinitely creative, there is no reason to believe that He stopped creating life after He was done here on earth. 

So, either way... life found elsewhere or life not found elsewhere, belief in God will remain a matter of faith, not empirical knowledge.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)