Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

damaged hair...what do you use?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 46 Replies
I have damaged my hair from dying it for years. It didn't get bad until I went blonde 3 years ago. I have not dyed my hair for over a year. I've done conditioner treatments every 4 weeks at a salon and it STILL hasn't helped. It worked for that day but that's it.

My hair is so dry and it gets tangled very easily. And on top of that my hair falls out more than it use too.

What do you ladies do? Is there a product you use or any home remedies? I've talked to many cosmetologist and they tell me about another product that doesn't work!!!

Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 13, 2014 at 12:08 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jun. 13, 2014 at 12:12 AM
Bump
KendallsMommee
by Spoiled SAHM on Jun. 13, 2014 at 12:13 AM
Bump
SerpentsKiss
by Erica on Jun. 13, 2014 at 12:15 AM

I like Garnier Sleek & Shine.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 13, 2014 at 12:15 AM
Mayonnaise, eggs, (protein)
Olive oil
Coconut oil
cheyanne1234
by on Jun. 13, 2014 at 12:16 AM
1 mom liked this

Mobile Photo

Brazilian keratin treatments. I paid 150 last year at a salon and can't redo it til after I have my little one in October lol
Best hair treatment ever.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 13, 2014 at 12:16 AM
Avocado mixed with Olive oil
Seagodess
by Ruby Member on Jun. 13, 2014 at 12:17 AM
Has all the died parts been cut off?
Lolabearlow
by Silver Member on Jun. 13, 2014 at 12:17 AM
I just cut it off...
CrimsonEleven
by Silver Member on Jun. 13, 2014 at 12:18 AM
I have really thin fine hair that was damaged from heat styling and over brushing. I cut it all off (pixie) a little over a year ago.

No I'm growing it out and am sure to take really good care of it:

1. No heat styling at all. Period.
2. No synthetic products, especially no styling products. Nothing with alcohols, parabens, SLS, dimethicone, etc. All that shit is terrible for your hair.
3. I use an argan oil and olive oil shampoo bar and only use it 2-3 times a week.
4. The other times I shower I wash my hair with plain water only or sometimes a teaspoon or two of baking soda.
5. Cold water rinses!
6. Don't brush too much. I just use a wide tooth comb when I get out of the shower. Brush with a soft boar bristle brush a few times a week.

That's it. It's shoulder length now and really healthy. Less is definitely more.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jun. 13, 2014 at 12:18 AM
1 mom liked this
Coconut oil. Heat up a little rub threw hair leave in over night and rinse. Do it every 4-6 days for two months. You could also do a apple cider rinse.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)