Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Worst hospital experience I've ever had

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 20 Replies
Tonight, after two days of being in agony I went to the ER. I had never been to this one before.

I was waiting(the only one) and the nurse finally comes out and stares at me. He didn't say a word until the check in lady said "yeah that's the one" then he said " come with me" and walked off.

While checking into triage I had two different nurses talking to me at the same time and I told them probably 10 times that I am pregnant. And then I got" is there any chance you might be pregnant right now?"

Then, I couldn't rwmwmber off the top of my head my husband SS# so even though I had all my cards and stuff she put me in the computer as no insurance.

I got an IV and the needle was no shit as big as what they use to tag livestock! I bled so much I soaked through a bath towel.

THEN they come and start putting stuff in my IV line, I asked what one thing was and it was phenagrin so it made me sleepy pretty fast. Then I got 3 more medicines that he didn't tell me what they were at all or when he was doing it. One was morphine which I had a reaction to and was freaking crying because it scared me. I was pretty sure they are auppoaed to tell you what and when they give you something.
Then he almost ripped the IV completely out because he wasn't paying attention fucking around with stuff by the bed.

One nurse told me she would get me a warm blanket because I was shaking from how cold they had it in there and of course the pain I was in. Then I never saw her again. Never got the blanket.

They weren't busy at all, it was probably a 5 bed ER and there might have been one other person there besides me.

No one ever asked how far along I was ..incase I could or could not have a certain medication.

I told my husband I never wanna go back there again. After I told him what happened he went down and raised hell.

I know this is long and all over the place and maybe that's because I'm all drugged still. But geez I've never had such horrible "service" before.
Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 13, 2014 at 12:55 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 13, 2014 at 12:55 AM
Bump
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 13, 2014 at 12:57 AM
What was wrong with you?
yo_ho
by Silver Member on Jun. 13, 2014 at 12:57 AM

That sucks. Hope you feel better. Did they ever figure out what was wrong?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jun. 13, 2014 at 12:58 AM
I'm so sorry! Why are you in pain? Is everything ok with the baby?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jun. 13, 2014 at 12:59 AM
Morphine has been assigned to pregnancy category C by the FDA. No increased risk of congenital malformations in humans has been associated with use of morphine in pregnancy. There are no controlled data in human pregnancy. Morphine should only be given during pregnancy when benefit outweighs risk.

hrl6530
by on Jun. 13, 2014 at 12:59 AM
Wow that is horrible service and I'm sry for that I hope everything is ok with the baby and u how far along r u I wouldn't be going back to that hospital again where was this at if u don't mind me asking

Quoting Anonymous: Tonight, after two days of being in agony I went to the ER. I had never been to this one before.

I was waiting(the only one) and the nurse finally comes out and stares at me. He didn't say a word until the check in lady said "yeah that's the one" then he said " come with me" and walked off.

While checking into triage I had two different nurses talking to me at the same time and I told them probably 10 times that I am pregnant. And then I got" is there any chance you might be pregnant right now?"

Then, I couldn't rwmwmber off the top of my head my husband SS# so even though I had all my cards and stuff she put me in the computer as no insurance.

I got an IV and the needle was no shit as big as what they use to tag livestock! I bled so much I soaked through a bath towel.

THEN they come and start putting stuff in my IV line, I asked what one thing was and it was phenagrin so it made me sleepy pretty fast. Then I got 3 more medicines that he didn't tell me what they were at all or when he was doing it. One was morphine which I had a reaction to and was freaking crying because it scared me. I was pretty sure they are auppoaed to tell you what and when they give you something.

Then he almost ripped the IV completely out because he wasn't paying attention fucking around with stuff by the bed.

One nurse told me she would get me a warm blanket because I was shaking from how cold they had it in there and of course the pain I was in. Then I never saw her again. Never got the blanket.

They weren't busy at all, it was probably a 5 bed ER and there might have been one other person there besides me.

No one ever asked how far along I was ..incase I could or could not have a certain medication.

I told my husband I never wanna go back there again. After I told him what happened he went down and raised hell.

I know this is long and all over the place and maybe that's because I'm all drugged still. But geez I've never had such horrible "service" before.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jun. 13, 2014 at 1:00 AM
This I did have morphine during my second pg and dd is fine

Quoting Anonymous: Morphine has been assigned to pregnancy category C by the FDA. No increased risk of congenital malformations in humans has been associated with use of morphine in pregnancy. There are no controlled data in human pregnancy. Morphine should only be given during pregnancy when benefit outweighs risk.

RadnRem
by Gold Member on Jun. 13, 2014 at 1:01 AM
This

Quoting Anonymous: What was wrong with you?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 13, 2014 at 1:01 AM
Yeah the baby is fine. I had to ask them to check on it and it took the doofus 5 minutes to find the heartbeat ...that was scary.

Anyways I had a really bad migraine. Like I couldn't even see straight and that isn't okay with me when I'm alone with my toddler to take care of. And it was over 2 days of that crap.

Quoting Anonymous: I'm so sorry! Why are you in pain? Is everything ok with the baby?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 13, 2014 at 1:03 AM
Yeah I hope to not have to go back there again lol. I'm 15 weeks along.

We are in idaho.

Quoting hrl6530: Wow that is horrible service and I'm sry for that I hope everything is ok with the baby and u how far along r u I wouldn't be going back to that hospital again where was this at if u don't mind me asking

Quoting Anonymous: Tonight, after two days of being in agony I went to the ER. I had never been to this one before.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN