Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

What's wrong with embracing a bountiful body?

Posted by on Jun. 13, 2014 at 2:37 AM
  • 114 Replies
The beer goggles post went poof! Boo hiss! Since when is being confident and owning your body a bad thing?
by on Jun. 13, 2014 at 2:37 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jun. 13, 2014 at 2:38 AM
4 moms liked this
Celebrating being unhealthy is why our country is in the midst of a massive obesity epidemic. And it's literally killing our children.

Not seeing any positives there.
winkyloafed
by on Jun. 13, 2014 at 2:39 AM
I can't understand confidence with an unhealthy, overweight body. I never will.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Peaceful.chaos
by Ruby Member on Jun. 13, 2014 at 2:43 AM
1 mom liked this
Being confident doesn't mean you should accept being the butt of fat jokes. Quite the opposite actually.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 13, 2014 at 2:45 AM
2 moms liked this
A lot of these women think that their insults and fat-shaming encourages those of us who are overweight to get into shape. Lord forbid we say anything about their being skinny though. We, as fat women, are supposed to be depressed, feel disgusting and ugly, and I've even read on here that we should only date other fat people.

Fuck that shit. We don't have to be a size 6 to be happy. We are big, beautiful women and anyone who can't see us for who we are instead of what size our jeans are, isn't worthy of being in our lives.
Veggiemummy
by Bronze Member on Jun. 13, 2014 at 2:45 AM
Quoting Anonymous: Celebrating being unhealthy is why our country is in the midst of a massive obesity epidemic. And it's literally killing our children.

Thank you.
Sunshine2plus2
by Platinum Member on Jun. 13, 2014 at 2:47 AM
1 mom liked this

Never in my books. People should be happy for themselves!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jun. 13, 2014 at 2:49 AM
You should want to be healthy to be happy, though. Diabetes and heart disease aren't beautiful, and you're purposely putting yourself on the fast-track to both. Why celebrate that?

Quoting Anonymous: A lot of these women think that their insults and fat-shaming encourages those of us who are overweight to get into shape. Lord forbid we say anything about their being skinny though. We, as fat women, are supposed to be depressed, feel disgusting and ugly, and I've even read on here that we should only date other fat people.

Fuck that shit. We don't have to be a size 6 to be happy. We are big, beautiful women and anyone who can't see us for who we are instead of what size our jeans are, isn't worthy of being in our lives.
2metalbabies
by Gold Member on Jun. 13, 2014 at 3:03 AM
1 mom liked this
Aside from taking high blood pressure medicine to counter the side effects of my ADHD medication, I am surprising healthy. I celebrate me being me, and if it offends you so be it. And just to make you feel better, I make my dd get out and exercise on the days I'm home and not working for 12 straight hours on my feet.

Quoting Anonymous: Celebrating being unhealthy is why our country is in the midst of a massive obesity epidemic. And it's literally killing our children.

IcHoKeOnNeRdZzZ
by Platinum Member on Jun. 13, 2014 at 3:04 AM
1 mom liked this
Cheeseburger!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
2metalbabies
by Gold Member on Jun. 13, 2014 at 3:06 AM
My husband and I have decided that you only live once, so why not embrace the excesses of life. I enjoy the excess of food, he enjoys the excess of flesh.

Quoting winkyloafed: I can't understand confidence with an unhealthy, overweight body. I never will.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)