Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

"Half siblings aren't real siblings"

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 469 Replies
4 moms liked this

A friend and I got in a petty argument. She was talking about how when she was growing up, her older siblings would pester her, having 5 older (half-siblings) I laughed, and said "I know what you mean." She scoffed and said "No, you really don't..you're basically an only child. You have half siblings, not real siblings." I did my best to correct her, and tell her there is blood, I've known them forever, etc, but she still insists, I have no idea what real siblings are like. I know this is very petty, but it kind of ticked me off.

Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 13, 2014 at 2:44 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jun. 13, 2014 at 2:46 AM
59 moms liked this
You can't fix stupid
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jun. 13, 2014 at 2:46 AM
1 mom liked this
My mom feels the same way. I talk about my daughter's 4 half brothers and she says they aren't really her brothers.
Sunshine2plus2
by Platinum Member on Jun. 13, 2014 at 2:46 AM
2 moms liked this

How stupid!

LucyMom08
by BS Intolerant on Jun. 13, 2014 at 2:46 AM
50 moms liked this
That would tick me off as well...my baby brother is my brother. Hell, even my stepbrothers are my brothers.

Family is family.
curvygurl1912
by Renee on Jun. 13, 2014 at 2:46 AM
3 moms liked this
My half siblings were never as close as my full sibling even though 4 of us were raised in the same home. I think it is different for everyone though.
Seagodess
by Platinum Member on Jun. 13, 2014 at 2:47 AM
8 moms liked this
She's dumb. Dh has two half siblings, but none of them have ever refered to them as half. He doesn't say "my half sister" he says "my sister".
DomsMama07
by Silver Member on Jun. 13, 2014 at 2:48 AM
1 mom liked this
Tell her to shut her face! All of my siblings are half, that doesn't mean they are anything less then a real sibling! My two oldest have a half brother (my youngest son) *gasp*
katemckenzie
by Kate on Jun. 13, 2014 at 2:48 AM
1 mom liked this
Sounds like bullshit BM would say.

She doesn't consider my DS as SS's real brother, because he's only got one shared parent. She pressures him into calling him his HALF brother and not just brother.

Yet she has a younger DS as well, and refers to him as SS's real brother "because he was conceived in marriage."

Yeahhhhh that still doesn't make your husband SS's father.

Totally flawed logic.
handy0318
by Platinum Member on Jun. 13, 2014 at 2:48 AM
1 mom liked this

This....

Gee, I wonder what she would think of our kids. Both adopted from different homes. A closer brother and sister than the two of them though...can't be found.

Quoting Anonymous: You can't fix stupid

redneck.crazy
by Silver Member on Jun. 13, 2014 at 2:49 AM
She's a fucking moron.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)