Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Didn't even think about it.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 17 Replies
Ds fell outside today, on his elbow. I thought it was just a scrape. But he cried for a while, which he doesn't do for scrapes. So I took him to urgent care. Turns out he fractured his elbow.

And guess what I didn't think of doing. That's right, I didn't think of posting on cm to ask if I should take him. I just took him.

That's how you do it. Just saying.
Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 13, 2014 at 3:02 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 13, 2014 at 3:06 AM
Bump
PeppermintyTea
by Emerald Member on Jun. 13, 2014 at 3:06 AM
5 moms liked this
Well you thought to tell us now, and that's what counts.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 13, 2014 at 3:07 AM

Nope you just posted after the fact stating the obvious.  You must be the captain's first mate.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 13, 2014 at 3:09 AM
Not really. I didn't post about it and ask, do you think it's broken or do I take him to the er or urgent care. I took care of it like an adult. He is now sleeping.and I'm laying in bed.

Quoting PeppermintyTea: Well you thought to tell us now, and that's what counts.
PeppermintyTea
by Emerald Member on Jun. 13, 2014 at 3:10 AM
okay, great job.

Quoting Anonymous: Not really. I didn't post about it and ask, do you think it's broken or do I take him to the er or urgent care. I took care of it like an adult. He is now sleeping.and I'm laying in bed.

Quoting PeppermintyTea: Well you thought to tell us now, and that's what counts.
sugieboogieboo
by Silver Member on Jun. 13, 2014 at 3:10 AM
I thought the elbow was just the joint. Was it one arm bone or the other at the elbow, or is there actually something inside the elbow that could fracture?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 13, 2014 at 3:10 AM
How's that when I never posted asking if I should take him in?

Quoting Anonymous:

Nope you just posted after the fact stating the obvious.  You must be the captain's first mate.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 13, 2014 at 3:11 AM
It is a joint. But you can fracture either bone or in kids the growth plate.

Quoting sugieboogieboo: I thought the elbow was just the joint. Was it one arm bone or the other at the elbow, or is there actually something inside the elbow that could fracture?
curvygurl1912
by Renee on Jun. 13, 2014 at 3:12 AM
My dd fractured her elbow from falling down in the grass when she was 5. It is amazing how a little harmless looking fall can break a bone when they fall the wrong way.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 13, 2014 at 3:14 AM
Exactly. That's why at first I thought it was just a scrape.

Quoting curvygurl1912: My dd fractured her elbow from falling down in the grass when she was 5. It is amazing how a little harmless looking fall can break a bone when they fall the wrong way.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)