Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Grow up and take care of your kid!!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 23 Replies
1 mom liked this
I was just found out yet another girl I know who's mother is now taking care of her child because she doesn't want to grow up. She's in her 20s and her kid is almost a year old. She is about the same age as me when I had my first. She doesn't want to quit smoking weed, drinking, etc to raise her own kid. Good grief. If you want to do that get a sitter! Don't lose your kid over it! I keep seeing this more and more. I just don't understand. I know people go thru hard times, especially when they are young and got pregnant unexpectedly, I understand relying some on your family. But what I don't understand is just letting, or wanting, someone else to take care of your kid simply because you don't want to stop partying long enough to be a mother. There really is no point to this, but maybe someone on here can explain.
Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 13, 2014 at 3:04 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 13, 2014 at 3:08 AM
3 moms liked this
Some people are simply not meant to be parents.
It's too bad that if we want to have sex, we're supposed to rely on birth control methods that have never been 100% effective, no matter how many one uses.
It's super sad that we're not allowed to choose to be sterilized until a certain age or after a certain amount of kids or unless it's a medical necessity.
The number of unwanted and/or neglected kids would go down for sure.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 13, 2014 at 3:15 AM
Bump
fredsbride
by Bronze Member on Jun. 13, 2014 at 3:17 AM
1 mom liked this
It's never ok. But some do change later, it's just their very immature and selfish,. And grandparents sometimes enable the situation by trying to help to much and not allowing bonding. Grandparents need to learn how to say no and mean it,
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jun. 13, 2014 at 3:17 AM
You can't force someone to be a good parents. Worry more about your life and less about theirs.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 13, 2014 at 4:17 AM
Bump
Lorelai_Nicole
by Lorelai on Jun. 13, 2014 at 4:21 AM
1 mom liked this
I don't get it, either. My father and stepmother are essentially raising my 7yo niece right now. My stepsister lives in their house with her daughter, but doesn't really do much as her mom. It's ridiculous IMO that they're enabling her like that, but obviously it's not my place to say anything.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 13, 2014 at 7:00 PM
Bump
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 13, 2014 at 10:57 PM
Quoting Lorelai_Nicole: I don't get it, either. My father and stepmother are essentially raising my 7yo niece right now. My stepsister lives in their house with her daughter, but doesn't really do much as her mom. It's ridiculous IMO that they're enabling her like that, but obviously it's not my place to say anything.

I keep seeing this more and more. And every time I wonder why? Were they never taught responsibilty? or do they just love their freedom and parying so much they dont want to take time out of tgeir busy lives to spend time with their kids.
Lorelai_Nicole
by Lorelai on Jun. 14, 2014 at 12:28 AM
I don't know...For my sister, it's the drugs that are more important. She obviously can't do them at out parents' house or around her daughter, so she chooses to stay away all the time and party with her friends.

Quoting Anonymous:
Quoting Lorelai_Nicole: I don't get it, either. My father and stepmother are essentially raising my 7yo niece right now. My stepsister lives in their house with her daughter, but doesn't really do much as her mom. It's ridiculous IMO that they're enabling her like that, but obviously it's not my place to say anything.

I keep seeing this more and more. And every time I wonder why? Were they never taught responsibilty? or do they just love their freedom and parying so much they dont want to take time out of tgeir busy lives to spend time with their kids.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jun. 14, 2014 at 12:34 AM
I know a 9 year old boy who thinks his grandmother is mom, and his mom is his sister.

Smh.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN