Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My confession (LONG)

Posted by on Jun. 13, 2014 at 3:30 AM
  • 25 Replies

I wish i could run away and never look back.... I've lived with my grandparents since 06' in their guesthouse... 

A little back story is that my bf of almost 2 years moved in with me after our dd was born in 2013.  

Shortly after we brought her home from the NICU, he was laid off, and is now doing stuff on the side until we can get his birth certificate so he can renew his liscense. (his BC is coming from another state, and we are trying to save to order it)

He can fix anything and has been a mechanic/welder for almost 19 years... He does side jobs and scrapping so he gets paid in cash... we make about 600 a week. We asked my grandparents if they could drop the rent to 300 and they agreed, so we barely scrape by... 

The thing is my grandparents are always talking shit behind his back, and i hear it from my mom. They say he's worthless and should get a job, and stop free-loading... FYI we aren't on any PA. 

I don't know what to do anymore, i could defend him, but I was raised not to speak my mind as that is disrespectful. 

UGH... He is from MI, he has 6 aunts, 2 uncles, a step-dad and 2 sisters that he misses sooooo much he is depressed... They have all said if we want to start over, we could come live with anyone of them, and he would have a job... I would love to go!!! Being from Texas is not fun anymore, tired of living in a dust bowl. 

I've talked about moving over with my family... but they say if I do, they'll take my oldest away. What?? That is dumb...UGH

Please help me, any kind words or advice will surley help :( 

I will ignore the haters, thanks for reading

by on Jun. 13, 2014 at 3:30 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
yummypeaches
by Gold Member on Jun. 13, 2014 at 3:38 AM

How would they be able to take your oldest?

dixiegurl223626
by Silver Member on Jun. 13, 2014 at 3:40 AM

Can they legally take your oldest?

AllofFive19
by Ruby Member on Jun. 13, 2014 at 3:44 AM
1 mom liked this
Do whatever it takes to move with his family. Yours suck.
ShortMommytobe
by on Jun. 13, 2014 at 3:49 AM

Quoting dixiegurl223626:

I don't really know. She pretty much lives with them, but i am not an unfit parent... i see her in the evenings, and on weekends. But i don't do drugs, or drink and i don't have a criminal record... 

I do actually give them money for her. For clothes, medicine or anything...

The guesthouse is a 1 bedroom, so she has her own room next door. When the baby was born, there was just no room for all of us... 

akLiLmama907
by Bronze Member on Jun. 13, 2014 at 3:50 AM
1 mom liked this
I'd move.
Like the others... I'm curious why they would threaten to take your oldest?
Unless they have a damn good reason, I doubt they could.
deboramomof2
by 💋sweetcandy💋 on Jun. 13, 2014 at 3:51 AM
1 mom liked this
Wow ...how can they take your oldest?? I would try to.move with his family asap ....
akLiLmama907
by Bronze Member on Jun. 13, 2014 at 3:52 AM
Who has custody?

Quoting ShortMommytobe:

Quoting dixiegurl223626:

I don't really know. She pretty much lives with them, but i am not an unfit parent... i see her in the evenings, and on weekends. But i don't do drugs, or drink and i don't have a criminal record... 

The guesthouse is a 1 bedroom, so she has her own room next door. When the baby was born, there was just no room for all of us... 

pacnwmom
by Member on Jun. 13, 2014 at 3:52 AM

Are you an adult?  At what point do you think about being self-supporting adults who live on their own and make enough money to support their family.   Is there a reason you don't work?   If you need to move to be closer to better jobs, than do so.  

ShortMommytobe
by on Jun. 13, 2014 at 3:56 AM

I have joint custody with her dad, but he hasn't seen her in 2 years, and he is about to go to prison... He doesn't pay CS and is going to sign his rights over. 

Quoting akLiLmama907: Who has custody?
Quoting ShortMommytobe:

Quoting dixiegurl223626:

akLiLmama907
by Bronze Member on Jun. 13, 2014 at 4:04 AM
Ya then I don't see how they could keep you from her. Legally.

I'd go for a fresh start.... if they love you, they'll support your decision.

Quoting ShortMommytobe:

I have joint custody with her dad, but he hasn't seen her in 2 years, and he is about to go to prison... He doesn't pay CS and is going to sign his rights over. 

Quoting akLiLmama907: Who has custody?

Quoting ShortMommytobe:

Quoting dixiegurl223626:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)